Ride On tire Sealant

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could not use it after seeing an aluminum rim my friend put some sort of liquid tire sealant in. It plugged his leak but the rim had a reaction to the sealant and is useless now because it is pitted to hell and back. He put a new tire on later and it leaked all around the rim where it was pitted so bad. He had to replace his rim. I read the site article and it mentioned no rusting steel rims but did not mention aluminum, but did recommend it for motorcycles which most have aluminum rims. Maybe contact the manufacturer before using it. Just my .02 cents

i first saw this stuff at the Edmonton Motorcycle show and they didn't mention anything about this and they sold a lot of the stuff, then again i didn't ask either, i might have to send an email out and wee what they say about this, thanks for the input alorio1, this is why i like this site so much!

Tire Sealant generally causes a big mess when you go to change tubeless tires...:bang head::bang head::bang head:

These "dynamic balancer" things are becoming the new fad among motorcycles. It's a flawed idea, and they base it off the idea that "light" spots in the tire are always accompanied by a "dip" in the internal wall proportional to the amount of imbalance. Does that sound very likely?

Once the wheel starts spinning, all the little beads/fibers/whatever are blasted against the inner tread, and held there quite firmly. If there is a "low" spot inside the tread, more "stuff" will collect there to create a uniform layer of "stuff" inside the tire. However, say there's a big flat spot on the outer tread from say locking up the back wheel for a ways, that threw the balance out. The inner wall of the tire is unchanged, therefore the distribution of "stuff" isn't going to change either. Any vibration or unbalance isn't going to overcome the natural centrifugal force.

Just get a plugger kit. There's MC tire specific mushroom plugs, but I've had good luck with standard radial car tire plugs. Get the $8.99 kit with a bunch of the tar-soaked strings, the reamer tool, the big needle, and the tube of cement. I plugged my Metzeler when it picked up a screw and now over 4k miles and many jaunts to 130+ later, it's fine.

I use the ride-on .. Great stuff but its made for motorcycles and autos. The tire sealant for pedal bikes is a no no...

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Back