rode a 2010 WOW

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims94vmx

Reaction score
So Howard says lets go on the Lehighton Bike night and ride Saturday....sounds like a plan just had to button up my 94 with the new Slave new gasket etc and bleed line. Saturday I hear a bike coming down my road and actually said to the wife can't be Howard, the bike is not quiet enough.....she says it is red and slowing down.....curious I went out front and there she sits, a beautiful 2010 leftover with only 700 miles on her since last year. I never knew he had it. He asks if I want to ride it......you kidding me! Since it was new I did not want to get on it to hard and decided a few rollons in 4th and 5th gear were in order!!!! WOW! And I thought Tony Pace's 1500 when he had it was powerful.....I am amazed at this thing! My 94 felt like a small toy when I got back on it. The power, handling and brakes were incredible! Congrats on all those who own one!

Jim

i hear ya Jim !! i own a 10' and i had a 85' i rode the 85 for years and after looking for a Gen 2 i found one rode it and pretty much never got off ! i let the 85 be my friend bike and my friend rode it for a while i got back on it . and holy shit what a difference in power, stopping, handling, i rode it for like 15 mins and said give me my GEN 2 back !! then day after went on craigslist for sale. my friend was going to buy the 85 but fell through and i sold it 2 weeks later. loved it but if im not going to ride it and after redoing the whole bike id rather see someone ride it then let it sit and i never ride it. i sold it to a guy who i thought would take care of it i seen it 6 months ago and the guy never washed it from the day i sold it. bike is destroyed in my eyes people do change. but glad you got a Gen 2 ride. trust me you will love it no matter what i do.!!

I would LOVE to have a 2nd Gen Max to go along with Woona. I can already see what I would wanna do with it in my head.

Question, does the 2nd gen Max's have the same jacking issue that the first gen bikes have when you hammer on the gas? I know there are some shaft bikes that have successfully eliminated that issue (or severely minimized it)

I would LOVE to have a 2nd Gen Max to go along with Woona. I can already see what I would wanna do with it in my head.

Question, does the 2nd gen Max's have the same jacking issue that the first gen bikes have when you hammer on the gas? I know there are some shaft bikes that have successfully eliminated that issue (or severely minimized it)

Nope, zero issue with the VMax hop
Just squats and goes like hell

I still keep my 85 and it's become my main to/from work rider. I find myself deliberately NOT thinking about how much better the 09 handles, brakes, etc. and keep telling myself the 85 is paid for. I still can't imagine not having it in the garage.

I want one in the worst way...I'm in the middle of house hunting with the wife...just can't do it right now

I rode one of those today too........................didn't seem to pull like it did when it was new , must be the extra weight from that DAMN MONKEY !

I rode one of those today too........................didn't seem to pull like it did when it was new , must be the extra weight from that DAMN MONKEY !

Lucky you Rick. Even if it don't seem to pull right, at least you got to fork a leg over it. I've never gotten to ride a 2010. Maybe someday.

That monkey can be a beotch.

I will keep my 85 for fun and gen 2 for longer trips like thunder and other gatherings

With the fuel range of the Gen II, it will probably be the OTHER way around. :ummm:

Glad you got to ride one jims94vmx. After I bought my 09 I intended to keep my Gen 1 (2007) and ride it too. That went out the door really fast. I sold off the mods and craiglisted the Gen 1 that was paid for. I used that money and now the Gen II is paid off and modded.

Tires and Gas! Life is good! :eusa_dance:

With the fuel range of the Gen II, it will probably be the OTHER way around. :ummm:

Glad you got to ride one jims94vmx. After I bought my 09 I intended to keep my Gen 1 (2007) and ride it too. That went out the door really fast. I sold off the mods and craiglisted the Gen 1 that was paid for. I used that money and now the Gen II is paid off and modded.

Tires and Gas! Life is good! :eusa_dance:

So your saying plan my trips to and from gas stations ? With my overworked body ( breaking concrete for past 30 yrs ) It will most likely be much needed rest and stretch rime. Can't forget seeing the envy of other motorcyclists as you know MAX is king !!

So your saying plan my trips to and from gas stops? With my overworked body ( breaking concrete for past 30 yrs ) It will most likely be much needed rest and stretch rime. Can't forget seeing the envy of other motorcyclists as you know MAX is king !!
Yes. You will know every fuel stop within about a 75 mile range. The guy I bought mine from said he got it to go 130 miles on a tank. I called BS or he was doing 50. :rofl_200: The rated fuel mileage is only 28 mpg. It's the same 4 gal tank as on the Gen 1. Go to the Star Max forum and see what some are doing to extend the range to ride further.

I don't mind the stops, but sometimes I'd like to pick some with better quality or lower price since it is a Premium Unleaded fuel "ONLY" user. You are a "Rock Star" at the stops tough. It's a great looking bike!
:worthy:

Yes. You will know every fuel stop within about a 75 mile range. The guy I bought mine from said he got it to go 130 miles on a tank. I called BS or he was doing 50. :rofl_200: The rated fuel mileage is only 28 mpg. It's the same 4 gal tank as on the Gen 1. Go to the Star Max forum and see what some are doing to extend the range to ride further.

I don't mind the stops, but sometimes I'd like to pick some with better quality or lower price since it is a Premium Unleaded fuel "ONLY" user. You are a "Rock Star" at the stops tough. It's a great looking bike!
:worthy:

Not entirely true about the premium fuel requirements. If you are using Tim's Nash Flash, he tunes the bike for 89 octane.

Not entirely true about the premium fuel requirements. If you are using Tim's Nash Flash, he tunes the bike for 89 octane.

Well I didn't know that and they didn't tell me. I have the flash on mine so I will try it. I have some Torco just in case. :biglaugh:

Back