Scrap metal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I went out & lifted the head off the 2005 Motor today just to take a peek. The guy told me it was junk & was not lying. The head is nice & trashed & rod has a nice bend. Prety fonny to look in there & all thats on the rod is the piston pin the whole piston is gone scattered thru the engine. I think he might have over revved it a few to many times.LOL The block was already bored to a 1300 gonna dig into it farther when I get the chance & lok at the rest of the case & see if it can be salvaged I have my doubts.

Attachments

• Vmax blow up & grabrail 011.jpg
    Vmax blow up & grabrail 011.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 58
  • Vmax blow up & grabrail 012.jpg
    Vmax blow up & grabrail 012.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Vmax blow up & grabrail 013.jpg
    Vmax blow up & grabrail 013.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 50
Looks like it had our ARP head studs? If it didn't jack up the thrust surface the block could probably be a good big bore candidate.

Sean

I thought I had problems w/a bad #3 rod big end journal, but this guy 's engine is probably good for the side & valve covers only, if the cases are trashed.

I found a transaction for used pistons back Jan 2010. I don't show anything else but I would need to look in my card file to see what else there may have been. The ARP studs would have an allen in the end of them. They can be reused.

Since he wanted used pistons I am not sure how cheap he tried to do the build? It's not often I sell them like that.

Sean

I found a transaction for used pistons back Jan 2010. I don't show anything else but I would need to look in my card file to see what else there may have been. The ARP studs would have an allen in the end of them. They can be reused.

Since he wanted used pistons I am not sure how cheap he tried to do the build? It's not often I sell them like that.

Sean
There deffinately ARP studs. Not sure what im doing with this heap yet but I am sure the studs will get used in something.

I believe he was the one that did his own port job and works at a HD shop..... that sucks!

Definitely sucks, I remember reading some of his posts as Jeff mentioned.

The pics remind me of the 455 I pulled out of my cutlass. I was cruising along at 55mph and it just died, quietly. I coasted of the side of the road.

Got the car trailered to a friends house and pulled the motor. Took the head off and one piston was totally gone. The piston pin had dug into the cylinder wall pretty good. We pulled the oil pan and it weighed about 20 lbs. It was filled with shrapnel. The came broke in 3 pieces. It was all crooked and wedged in there. When I punched it out of the block the cam bearings came with it since it was so skewed.

That has to be it that is his name & it has the Kerker with the rhinehardt can. Thanks for pulling up the post now I know a little more about it any way. Hopefully I can pull it down soon & have a better look at it. The cylinder is deffinately ate up but could be sleeved dont think im fixing that head though maybe hang it on the wall or make an ashtray for my smoking friends.LOL

Back