Season 26.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Well, the weather finally broke here in sunny Holland NY. I got the Roadstar & Burgman running, and out to the garage. Had to move them to get them out of the way for my yearly treat - first ride of the season on the Max.

As usual, it fired right up. And as usual, it ran like crap for a while. I think the idle jets may need a bit of work, along with a carb balance - but once the V-Boost kicked in, I remembered why I love this bike.

I may put the 1985 plate on the bike this year - NY state lets you do that for a bike 25 years old. I kept the original plate, as it was from 1973, on my RD350.

Anyway, spring has sprung. Hope your bikes all wake up healthy, and run like a raped ape!

Well, the weather finally broke here in sunny Holland NY. I got the Roadstar & Burgman running, and out to the garage. Had to move them to get them out of the way for my yearly treat - first ride of the season on the Max.

As usual, it fired right up. And as usual, it ran like crap for a while. I think the idle jets may need a bit of work, along with a carb balance - but once the V-Boost kicked in, I remembered why I love this bike.

I may put the 1985 plate on the bike this year - NY state lets you do that for a bike 25 years old. I kept the original plate, as it was from 1973, on my RD350.

Anyway, spring has sprung. Hope your bikes all wake up healthy, and run like a raped ape!
:clapping::clapping::eusa_dance::clapping::clapping:

Hey Bill,
I went on a nice 75 mile run today. I went from Elma, then hit the 190 up along the river to Niagara falls and came back the 290 to Elma.
Tim

Beautiful weather here today in eastern PA and my Max is sitting in the garage, sans rear tire and swing arm (from the solid motor mount install), waiting for my Marks exhaust and wavy rotors.

I thought it would at least be till the end of April before the riding weather showed up.:bang head:

just fired up and rode my max for the first time since november, gawd it feels so GOOOOOODDD!!!!1 :git::ryb::ryb::ryb::ryb::ryb::ryb::punk::punk::punk:

ive been riding 10 horse power 4 wheelers and a 400cc hawk... i took it up to 3rd gear and maybe got it up to 6k rpm

i honestly forgot how powerful it was. i was crying when i pulled into the driveway, .... from the cold of course... i had no helmet on. :th_rockon::th_rockon::th_rockon::th_rockon::th_rockon::th_2fc2c5a5::th_2fc2c5a5::th_fridaay::th_fridaay::th_fridaay::angry flame devil::angry flame devil::angry flame devil:

edit: so much power... so much power...

Glad to hear some of my fellow NY'rs are out and about with their V Max's! :punk:

Mud is still asshole high to a 9 foot Irishman here but the weather is very promising.....maybe by the weekend I'll be out there too. :confused2:

Bill....man your '85 is totally unbelievable!! You sure caught the brass ring, production wise, with that one!! :thumbs up:

Jealousy....

I got the last pieces I need for my carbs late yesterday, and I'm hoping for a package from Morley real soon with the other couple things I need. With any luck I can be on the road by the end of the week.

Gotcha. Was wondering because....damn! 26 years to own ANYTHING is a long time, especially the same bike!

Gotcha. Was wondering because....damn! 26 years to own ANYTHING is a long time, especially the same bike!
I had the same Triumph Bonneville from 1975 until 2007. 32 years. Sold it to a British fellow, believe it or not. Loved that bike.

As to riding seasons, it's almost as though they're flipped here in Phoenix. While you "Northerners" are looking forward to the riding season, ours (at least for me) winds down in Summer. It is just NO fun riding when it's 110 out. Trust me on that one. Morning commutes are nice, but don't get caught in traffic on the way home.

The only recourse is to head north into the high country - which I do at every convenience.

Have a great season everyone. Get 'em together and on the road for cripe sake. After this past EL Nino winter, I would have figured ya'all had plenty of time for all the mods ... :whistlin:

Last edited:

I bought mine in March 1985. It was the first one received by my local stealership. That one was totalled out from under me in March 1987, but I was able to get another 1985 leftover still in the crate.

I still consider it as having the same bike the whole 25 years. I finally got around to doing the batterybox mod this year, and ordered another new back tire this week - STILL SAVORING EVERY MINUTE I SPEND IN THAT SADDLE, even though it's not my only ride.

Back