Self cancelling turn signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackVMAX

Reaction score
Anyone know why a $18K bike doesn't have a self cancelling turn signal, no chirp sound either. Anyone know of an after market add on or any thing that might work? Had a cager give me hell after he caught up to me about having my blinker on and not turning. This might get someone killed if they forget.

This is cut & paste from the user mod forum from my 1990 ...

" My 90 Vmax turn signals never turned off, in fact I hadn't know for awhile that they ever should have, so I always had this habit of forgetting to switch them off. The solution was to wire in a couple of Piezo alarm transducers. I have them mounted in the headlight. Probably possible to run just one but seeing as they are one way I couldn't use the light circuit from the instrument housing. I'm sure it could be done but at only $2 each what the hell and I'm not a wiring genius anyway.

Since learning that the signals should have auto canceled anyway I found the PO must have nuked the old flasher and wired in just a generic flasher.
Problem now solved thanks to ebay and a second hand Vmax flasher which now does its job
Having said that the audible signals will stay because they do make the traffic aware that a bike is at the intersection and anything that saves my ass is got to be good."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWjsEGdcovw

Thanks for the info on Custom Dynamics DannyMax, I will need to look into this alot more it seems. Anyone have an idea where to get a schematic for the 2009 Vmax? I could flounder my way through it and not worry about screwing it up, but a schematic would make it faster. I liked the big LED but I usually keep my eyeballs on the road ahead. Riding for over 35 yrs and no accidents (knocking on woooden head for luck) kind of makes you think twice about looking down to see if you left the signal on. If anyone else has this issue and has come up with a solution or I do first, I'll will post the info.

I wonder if a Gen 1 self cancel flasher could be spliced into the circuit?

Back