Setting the bead???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, is it possible to borrow a stock rim/tire from somebody? Maybe you can sell that wheel and tire on the buy/sell board. I think it's a good rim, just need a modified swingarm and a bigger tire.

Good luck,

Mark

I have a modified swingarm and need a tire :hmmm: . How much for the rim? Pics?

4gasem...

Do you think that if you have the tire mounted, then removed your right side exhaust can, shock, and rear brake assembly, that you could start the whole thing in sideways while sliding it up with the swingarm (right side) going between the spokes just enough, then turn it?

:confused2:

I have a notched swingarm and 5.5 x 17 on the way, and with this extra wide Shinko 200 tire, I think this is what I'm going to have to do myself.

How in hell does JC expect you to balance the damn thing if you had to mount the tire this way???

4gasem...

Do you think that if you have the tire mounted, then removed your right side exhaust can, shock, and rear brake assembly, that you could start the whole thing in sideways while sliding it up with the swingarm (right side) going between the spokes just enough, then turn it?

:confused2:

I have a notched swingarm and 5.5 x 17 on the way, and with this extra wide Shinko 200 tire, I think this is what I'm going to have to do myself.

How in hell does JC expect you to balance the damn thing if you had to mount the tire this way???

I don't balance MC tires anyway... The weights on my SV came off after only a few hundred miles and I never stuck them back on...:whistlin:

Lets just say that JC is an idiot!:whistlin: A 200 on a 5.5? WOW! That is going to be VERY tight as the 180 is a tight fit...:confused2:

I can't believe how long and much Chris put up with on this. I am pretty much a first hand witness to this all and I think the one thing Chris IS guilty of is being too patient and polite up until now. I know I will not spend a dime with UFO.

Well I talked to Jon at UFO and he pretty much told me to get F'd...

I thought he would... He says that the tire will mount up on the bike and that if I can't do it then I shouldn't be working on the bike at all... NICE! I told him that if the tire was designed for the wheel size it wouldn't be an issue. He then told me how much he lost of the deal and that he "HELPED" me out and that any other wheel vendor would have told me to get screwed... I told him that the wheel wasn't straight to begin with and asked him how this "helped" me out... I said that if it was right to begin with we wouldn't be having this discussion at all... He told me it wasn't his fault the wheel was bad and that it was his vendors... I said "WHAT?" I told him I could give two schitts who's FAULT it was and the fact of the matter is, that is WAS his fault. HE sold it to ME! I am amazed by what people think is customer service... If I sell a welder to a guy and he takes it out of the box and it doesn't work or work right then I will swap it out with a new one NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Will I loose money? Sure! The idea is to not have that happen and not use vendors that do that to ya! He told me he did his best to satisfy me... Well! His best isn't enough!:bang head:

Once again... 7 months of F'n around with this and I have put 100 miles total on this bike with the wobbly wheel he sold me...

DANGER DANGER
What ever you do... DO NOT USE UFO for anything...

Sorry for the rant folks but it makes me feel better and if it saves someone else from loosing a night of sleep then I feel I did my part!!

My brother is coming over tonight to see if we can cram the tire on the rim somehow and I will be taking home a high pressure Nitrogen cylinder with a high delivery pressure regulator to see if I can get it mounted...

Man that sucks! Jon really is the douche bag I heard he was. Well there is a review section on the forum, perhaps it is time for a review...:whistlin:
You can probably sell the rim pretty easily on EBay and get something noce like a Lightcon.

Man that sucks! Jon really is the douche bag I heard he was. Well there is a review section on the forum, perhaps it is time for a review...:whistlin:
You can probably sell the rim pretty easily on EBay and get something noce like a Lightcon.

Thanks Buster... When I get back from Thunder I think I will have a much better idea of what to put on the bike...

I am thinking two (matching) wheels this time...:thumbs up:

Something light and kick a$$ looking!:coolgleamA:

Well I emailed Wild Brothers and am going to get a pair of their Carrozzeria wheels in black...:thumbs up: They are lighter than Lightcons and with the immediate email I received back from Bill I got warm fuzzy feelings...:drool: :worthy:

My email to him:

Hello,

I was told at Thunder in the Valley that you were the ones to deal with…

I am looking for a vendor that can sell me something and stand behind it as well. I just got done dealing with U.F.O. and regret every bit of it.

I am looking for a set of wheels for my 2006 Vmax.

These http://www.wildbros.com/images/100_1143b.jpg are what I want. I want to be able to use the Galfer wave rotors and be able to just slide the wheel into the bike and ride. I realize that I will need to remove the spline assemble from the rear wheel, but I want bearings and all inserted and ready to go.

Is this something that you are able to do? I want them in 18” front and 18” rear. I have a 110/80/18 radial that I can use on the front. Will it fit the new rim?

I am ready to buy but need price and availability.

Cheers,
Christopher Smith
V.M.O.A. #4750

His responce 12 hours later. Which for the record is the fastest ever for a Vmax parts vendor. Oh and he is on the road racing and the rest of the week on holiday! :clapping:

Hi Christopher,
We have the black Carrozzeria rims in stock (front 3.5/18", rear 5.5/18") They come with all the bearings and all you will need to to is put your cush spline fron your stock rim on the rear carrozzeria.
Price is $1680 for the rims and shipping is $40
We are not in the shop this week. We raced this week end in NC and are on our way to NY for a few day vacation. We will be able to ship these to you on next Monday.
The 110/80/18 will work on the front but a 120 would be a little better, some guys have also gone with a 130 on the front. Your Galfer wave rotors for the vmax will bolt to these rims with no problems (they look great)
You can call us this week on the shop cell phone 813-230-3302 or we will be checking emails
Bill
Wild Brothers Motorsports, Inc.

Schitt! They have them in stock!:surprise:

So I will be running 18's on the front and rear and will be running a 120 now instead of a 110... Anyone need a damn near new 110/80/18 front Avon and 180/55/17 rear Avon??? 85 miles or so on both... 175 takes both! I paid 300...:bang head:

Thanks Shawn for the tip to talk to Bill!:thumbs up:

Ordered today and shipped today...:punk: :worthy:

Should have by the beginning of next week...:eusa_dance:

Mount the tires and am home free to ride my Max once again!:surprise:

:banana:

Ok all,

Here it is in all its glory... hole...:whistlin: :clapping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190129763970

I do have to say that it is a VERY nice wheel and that if I had a notched swingarm and wanted a tire larger than 180 I would have kept it...

Reserve is at 900.00. I paid 1100 plus shipping for it...:bang head: Zero miles on it too...:bang head:

Sold Jon's boat anchor/wheel to a guy that wants a wide wheel.

I was totally honest and up front with him...

Got 690.00 bucks after ebay and shipping... Cost me 1100 from Jon and the wheel has zero miles on it!

Thanks Jon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back