Shift light issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Any of you guys have issues with the harland shift light? This is not my first install. previous one works perfect. This one, when i start the bike doesnt run on all cylinders. I undid the green/tach wire from the cluster and bike ran perfect, then touch the wire back to the grey on original tach where i had it hooked up and idle drops, seems like its on 3 cylinders or something, lower rpm, no coughing or spitting but not running right. I can touch the wire and remove it to make the problem follow.

Any ideas would be great. I did check i didnt mix the wires up, i tested them back to the circuit board everything is good, no shorts that i found.:ummm:

yup will do, thanks guys. I figured it was the light, even i cant mess up a three wire set up hahahah.

well the monkey wont be happy, wont be all done for the nov MM contest. think i better stay out of the garage for a while.

my harlan light will flash at low RPMs like its loosing voltage. no problems with the bike running though.

i've sent him 3 emails, no response, what are you guys using to contact him?

me too. wtf. what was your problem and what'd he do about it?
Mine got moisture in it and rusted/corroded and stopped working. He told me to send it back to him and he would fix or replace it. He sent the same tube back with new insides, worked like new. I even emailed him the first time I installed it with some questions and he replied back less then 10 minutes:confused2:

Back