Shift light setting...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock bike, 8.5k-9k to keep you in the power band. If you have mods that might go as much as 500 rpm higher unless you have a built up engine. Mine with EFI & my 1428cc engine is set at 9.5k so I can shift by 10k. EFI is good for ~1k rpm increase in your shift points.

What is a good rpm setting for a shift light to get the best result?

i have mine set for 8800. honestly with the delay of the light and shifting, its more of an 'oh shit you should be shifting' light. if i ever see it i know is shifted too late b/c i revved it well into the 9300-9700 range..

if i do it perfectly it should come on right as i'm shifting which means i'm about 9100 (i think)

I put mine at 9200, though I think it's mostly personal preference and how fast you can react to it. However, I also never go WOT in first gear, since for me it results in an instant burnout and the RPM's shooting up.

I put mine at 9200, though I think it's mostly personal preference and how fast you can react to it. However, I also never go WOT in first gear, since for me it results in an instant burnout and the RPM's shooting up.

i think thats funny with just a different tire my WOT in first results in an instant wheelie above 3.5k rpms

Nice, it prolly feels good in corners too? I hear good and ...not so good on that tire. You like?

for the rear, yup. lasts a while and its cheap as hell.

front, i'm not sure yet. i think it contributes to the wobble, but not sure i wanna pay 2x for a different one.

I have my Harlan set at 8800 rpms but may bump that up to 9000 or so, I need a little more time with my current setup.
I'm running the Shinko 170 rear and 110 front now. I like the rear but not the front. I didn't like the front's feel in corners, felt kinda squirmy to me. I have a Metzler 880 I'm gonna try before I leave on for the Brownie Run on the 26th. And I'll probably try a Metzler 880 on the rear sometime in July. I already have almost a 1000 mile on my current rear so by the time I get back from New York and the Spring Icebreaker in Ontario I'm sure it will be needed. I hope I have enough tread to ride home!

I run everything a little low. I'm anything but slow on a shift, I like to call it my "street setup"
Basically, my rev limiter is set 500 below redline, and my shift light 500 below that.
On the track ignition goes into retard mode w/ rev limiter 500 over redline and shiftlight just under redline.

hey 2fear can you clean out your messages im trying to get send you a message im the one you met at the blessing with the 2010 vmax

8800, if i ever see it its too late because im at 9300 by the time i shift. if i actually wanted to rely on it in a race id set it up for 8k.. and shift when i saw it. itd be almost perfect 9k shifts

Got it installed, works really well. For about $45 it was a good deal also. I set it at 8300 RPM's to start...

Attachments

• shift light 003.jpg
    shift light 003.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 83
MtnMax/Magniac. i have had a veypor for about three years nice product no problems i got the aluminum housing with mine. raptor shift light set at 9200 pingle air shifter.

Back