shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt2roadracer

Reaction score
Hey guy's, Id like to put a shift light on my 01. I'm terrified that I'm going to overrev it. I traded an 06 FZ1 for this bike and I'm used to twisting it pretty hard but I don't want to risk destroying my motor. Any prior experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to alter anything by installing the shift light but am I the only one that feels like there should be a big ol Tachometer where the speedo is? Seems like a good idea to me but then where would you put the speedo? Conundrum......

Quite a few people have gone with the Koso gauges which are more 'modern' - big tacho up top with built-in shift light and digital speedo.

Search for it here and check out the nice piccies!

I do not know what your looking for but I do agree the speedo is where the tach needs to be but as far as a shift light here is an option that I going with as soon as my cash gets right. Ecliptech Progressive Shift Light You would want the curved one it is almost a match to the speedo and you can program it to light up at any rpm you like and it has a another function I like very much, it has a built in volt meter than you can check to see what your charging system is doing. There are many on here that have this on their bikes and have not heard anything bad about it.

If you are worried about over reving the motor you need to call sean and get a dyna 3000 spark box (cdi box). A shift light is cool as hell and i have one but it wont help at all if you miss a gear.

Anyone have a picture of the koso installed? I think they look pritty sweet.. do you get oil temp to work on it?

attachment.php

I do not know if that is what your looking for but here is a photo

Found the ones I meant - it's MaxMidnight's bike!

Attachments

• dbd360de2b601e5cdd366fb2e261ad10f1d89447.jpg
    dbd360de2b601e5cdd366fb2e261ad10f1d89447.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 26
  • ed93693f2bd11b1ad4836e90e974a3dc71b18dcc.jpg
    ed93693f2bd11b1ad4836e90e974a3dc71b18dcc.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 37
Don't think I care for the Digi's. Like anything else, it's just a matter of preference. I love how clean the stock speedo set up is I just feel like it deserves an equally impressive Tach. I feel like I need the shift light though. I may have to think about the ecliptech. I'll try to find some pics of it and go from there.

Latest posts

Back