Short Lived, but I guess I should consider myself lucky

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rattled my head a couple of monts back.Im still weary.So glad youre OK .Hate it had to happen.Alot of people on here that do really care.Very glad your still with us.Take care god bless.I don't know whats wrong with people how would they like to be on the reciveing end.It happens so fast.All for a phone call.Wish you the best.

Glad your alright man, sue the dingbat broad. I drive all over central Illinois for my job, and damn near every woman I see is flapping her mouth on a cell phone, men to. I have one myself but think they should be banned for use on public roads.

Glad you are OK & want to get it back on the road. You can get help for parts here.

As I posted here before, I got rear-ended on the FL Turnpike by a teenage female who was on the phone when she hit me from behind at a toll plaza. She admitted to the trooper she was on the phone. She also gave the trooper a fraudulent insurance card! When I called the insurance co., they said, "that's no number of ours, it isn't even the right number of characters!" My GMC wassn't even two months old at the time.

What could have happened: (thank God it didn't happen to you)
I think this is Orlando FL

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...crash-colonial-drive-20111211,0,5524506.story

A 41-year-old motorcyclist was killed after being rear-ended by another vehicle Sunday morning on Colonial Drive, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The victim, who has not been identified, was stopped for a red light in the center westbound lane of State Road 50 near the intersection with Remington Road about 12:03 a.m. when the light turned green, troopers said in an investigative report.

A Honda SUV driven by 18-year-old Shawn Yerich of Clermont was approaching the intersection and did not notice that the motorcycle had not begun to accelerate, said FHP spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes.

Yerich's vehicle struck the motorcycle, sending it across the intersection and ejecting its rider.
The motorcyclist, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene, the report said.

Montes said Yerich and his 18-year-old passenger, Christina Carratini of Montverde, were unharmed.

Should the driver go to jail because of the fatality? If not, should they lose their license & for what period of time?

To everyone I gotta say that I really appreciate all the kind words and support. This forum has been nothing but great and much more than expected since I joined. I will keep everyone posted as things progress. Just keep your fingers crossed for me and thanks again for the support. It is very much appreciated.

I cannot believe this happened to me today. I had my 2005 Vmax #11 of 2000 that I just bought delivered this morning. The bike is drop dead beautiful with Corbin seats and full Kerker Stainless exhaust system. Anyway, to get to the point, I took the Max out for my first ride on her and while I was stopped for traffic, some dumb ass slams into the back of me sending me to the hospital and my bike to the morgue. I could see the driver and vehicle before impact in my mirror and it looks like she was looking down TEXTING. WTF man I am still pissed. After impact, I steered to the left to avoid the vehicle in front of me and hit the raised median. I hadn't even ridden the bike 5 miles and bam. Probably totaled it. It sucks...I'm depressed. I just got out of the hospital. No broken bones, just very sore all over. This sucks man. I have't seen the bike because it was towed from the scene, but the wife says it looks pretty bad.:bang head:

Motorcycles can ALWAYS be fixed or replaced...
Just GLAD to hear YOU are OK.

PUSH the issue on the texting part!;
It should be pretty easy to have phone records checked...

PS. Don't write the bike off, until you've seen it in person, & in close detail...
A rear hit, however, usually leaves the swingarm pivot points on the frame suspect...That's what I would look the most closely at, because that determines how well the bike 'tracks'...

Hope you're feeling better by now,
(I bet the following morning was, or will be, a bit rough...)
& your MAX will be fixable!!!

Latest posts

Back