Show us your guns!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
That's insane right there. I've been known to pick up bowling pins at 50 yards with my J frame, but 200? Yow.

I can hit some things at 50 with my model 29 w/ 6" barrel but no way, not in a million years could I repeatedly hit a target at 200 with my model 60.

Attachments

• S&W 29.jpg
    S&W 29.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 29
  • S&W 60 - .38.jpg
    S&W 60 - .38.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 22
Re: Fastest Gunman, period!

That 29 is a beauty KJ!. Didn't know you were one of us gun nuts.

Last auction out I picked up a pinned barrel 25-2 that's beyond mint. Original box and shipping materials, never fired, or even rotated it appears. I'll see if I can't get a decently lit pic of it up for ya. It's a shame really, I'd love to shoot it, I have a particular thing for revolvers in .45, but I can't bring myself to snuff out her collectors value.

I love my guns. a couple of years ago, I sold my Sako 7mm Mag, 30-06, rem 1100 12ga. a double barrel 12ga, m1 carbine that was mint, a lever action 30-30, a couple .22's and my other black powder rifle. To help cover mom's medical bills after she passed away.

I still have a few left, that I don't plan on getting rid of. wich includes a 10-22, a couple of glocks (23 and 21) a couple of .357's my derrenger, 870, savage 116 300wm, my first .22 I got when I was 4, and a .50cal flint lock

I'll see if I can get better pictures put up there.

Then there is always my Browning Heat II compund bow..:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Trooper 357.jpg
    Trooper 357.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Savage116.jpg
    Savage116.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 36
  • S&W 28-2.jpg
    S&W 28-2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Rem 870.jpg
    Rem 870.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 38
  • High Standard.jpg
    High Standard.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 39
  • Glock 23.jpg
    Glock 23.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Glock 21.jpg
    Glock 21.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 10-22.jpg
    10-22.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 34

Ruh Roh, we may have to start a new thread....

I have a particular weakness for S&W revolvers (Don't you know the ones Colt makes turn the wrong damn way). Looks like we need to get you a couple of SKS carbines to add to that list while you can still get em here at a halfway decent price..

Yep, gonna have to do some photo takin' today.

Yup, + 1 on the .45 wheel gun!! My personal all time favorite round. Loaded many thousands of rounds of .45 LC, a sadly overlooked caliber.

Last edited:

here are some better pictures.

Attachments

• Glock21.jpg
    Glock21.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Glock23.jpg
    Glock23.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Rifles.jpg
    Rifles.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Savage116.jpg
    Savage116.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 46
  • SW_60_28-2.jpg
    SW_60_28-2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 27
  • browning1.jpg
    browning1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33
  • browning2.jpg
    browning2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 20

I have only one gun, a 10-22, but I never new it could look like that bad ass piece you got KJ!

Love the collection, wish I had some extra dough to throw at some guns like those.

I have only one gun, a 10-22, but I never new it could look like that bad ass piece you got KJ!

Love the collection, wish I had some extra dough to throw at some guns like those.

Thanks, I was stationed in St. Paul Island for a couple of years. Which is in the middle of nowhere. So I got bored. real bored.

The only thing original on the thing is the reciever. otherwise here's the list.:

Volquartsen target bolt, jeweled
Volquartsen extractor
Auto bolt release
Custom 2lb 2-stage trigger group
Bolt buffers
AB 1" , Stainless, fluted, target bull barrel w/ Volquartsen stabilizer
Bell and Carlson Oddessy adjustable stock.
40mm 6x24 scope with sun shade
Anti-Cant level
Volquartsen bedding system
Extended Mag release

Its a little, tight gouping 50 yard rifle.

Ruh Roh, we may have to start a new thread....

I have a particular weakness for S&W revolvers (Don't you know the ones Colt makes turn the wrong damn way). Looks like we need to get you a couple of SKS carbines to add to that list while you can still get em here at a halfway decent price..

Yep, gonna have to do some photo takin' today.

Yup, Wheel guns have always been my favorite no matter what flavor. I even have a little 7 shot .22 I keep in my truck in case I feel the need to go plinking.

I can see what you mean by not wanting to shoot your .45. My other .357 is a mod 19 Alaska State Trooper Commemorative with a nice low number. It sits unfired all cozey in it's case. I would like to fire it, but nahh. Thats what my 28's for.

I sold my AR15 seveal years ago, I just didn't shoot the thing. it just sat there. So I traded it for some snomobile parts and some cash.

I wouldn't mind getting a SKS, I miss my M1 carbine. That thing was mint and it shot great.

Yup, + 1 on the .45 wheel gun!! My personal all time favorite round. Loaded many thousands of rounds of .45 LC, a sadly overlooked caliber.
Also love my SKS, decent assault weapon and affordable.

The Ruger Vaquero .4LC short barrell with the birds head grip is just about the favorite gun in my whole collection, even tho most of the others are more expensive weapons.

It's just plain fun to shoot......

The only reason the .45LC is so overlooked, I think anyway, is that the factory loads have been "underloaded" for so many years to accomadate the older, weaker framed guns that were designed for it originally...

Other than that the .45LC is so close to a .44 mag in dimensions and capabilities it's hardly even noticebale........

I use a Dillon Square deal B press to load pistol ammo and have gone through a lot of it in the little Vaquero, the forcing cone is probably gone on the poor little thing by now, but it's just a fun plinker for me anyhow....

My other fav's are the 8" S&W 629 (Scoped) and then my Baby Eagle .40, followed by the Sig .45, and then a Colt Python, which is an old nickel plated model my dad gave me over 30 years ago....

Nothing I own beats the trigger quality on the 629, S&W knew what they were doing with their revolvers, that's for sure, the Rugers are like trying to break a #2 pencil in comparison when looking at trigger pull on unmodified guns.....

I've got an old three Screw Ruger Blackhawk .44 special thats' close tho', but it's had some trigger work, just like the Vaquero.....Ruger's is letting too many lawyers interfere with thier manufacturing process lately....I bought one of thier Stainless Mountian rifles, a 77 with the Synthetic skeloton stock, a few years back and the trigger pull was upwards of 6 lbs which is just plain 'effin ridiculous for what's supposed to be a hunting rifle......it was a great "work" gun tho''''couldn't fuck it up if you tried.....

Here's a pic from before Rita blew through when I was "documenting" , ones not in the pic were out in the truck in case we fled...

From left to right, long guns
Browning 1885 highwall in 7mmMag---it's my pride and joy
Semi-auto .22 plinker that I can't even remember who makes right now,
Browning .270 A-Bolt Medallion with the BOSS system and belongs to my wife, she's killed about a dozen whitetail with it.
Winchester Model 12, 12 guage pump, it dates from 1954 and was my fathers
Winchester Model 94 .30-.30 lever gun, it's a "Pre-64" make with the steel buttplate and was his "work" gun
Chipmunk .22 single shot, my daughters 6th birthday present, you have to see it to believe how small it is...
Winchester Model 42 .410 pump gun, it part of a pair with the Mdl 12 and bought at the same time as the Mdl 12 in "54

Revolvers
S&W .38 Spcl, military and Police model 10, it was his other "work" gun,
S&W 629 in 8", now has a scope, my wife gave it to me our first christmas together before we were even married.
Colt Python .357mag, nickel plated about 1974 vintage and also was my dads....

Attachments

• 100_1736.jpg
    100_1736.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I was too lazy to take some good pics but I found a couple from a friends page from a range day last year. None of my safe Queens, just some good ole shootin irons.

l_993e7e819d2b341392542a1a68870ee8.jpg

Left to right, Cheap Spanish 1911A1; My "always" gun, the 642 snub with CT grips; Daly Hi-Power; Best revolver ever made, the 686 S&W in 4"; and my wifes pet gun, the Sig P226 (Lasered up as well).

l_5589abf5bdfc0449d714e9b247684c26.jpg

Top to bottom - Mosin Nagant M44 Tula arsenal (I have a whole closet full of these guys; A re-stocked Russian SKS (Tula again); and another Mosin, M38 carbine this time. Nothing like firing 54RR in a shorty with a steel buttplate..... yeah.

Alright so I took some pictures, they're phone pics so they don't do the nicer ones justice, but better than nothing.

l_c7cc07684ee440d5aeb69c86fb1d936b.jpg

Top to bottom - Geha shotgun. This is a real weirdo, it's a 12ga single shot bolt, built on a K-98 action. It was so strange I had to buy. Slightly afraid to fire it tho.

Next down is a model 1892 Marlin pump action shotgun, 12ga. It's a lot of fun and still real smooth for it's age.

Finishing up is a blondie Norinco SKS carbine, and yet another Mosin M44.

My iPhone doesn't do close up well, this is the best pic I could get of my 25-2. Model of 1955 pinned barrel .45acp revolver, never fired (although it is full of DPX, there's no unloaded guns at my house.).

l_fe558bd057e04972a233dd652cc10ce6.jpg

Everybody should have a Russian Makarov. Cheap, unbreakable, packs 10rds of 9mm Mak. Just don't put it in your pocket, weighs a ton.

l_637e5b673c9e4cdbacdda95b7398617e.jpg

Here's a Nambu I picked up cheap at Auction, never know when the round eyes are coming. It's a Nagoya arsenal in fair shape, all the markings and dating are intact.

l_32bae0410b044bf0949906aaa412e562.jpg

And here's a not very good picture of my pride and joy, the king of my little gun safe. This is a Union Switch and Signal 1911A1, in completely original condition with the manufacturers Du-lite finish. It is well used, but has never been repaired, re-arsenaled, or fiddled with. All parts in and out are as they came from US&S.

Only 55,000 of these were made during the war (compare that number to Remington Rand, in the millions). This one was produced in late 1943, and shipped with the 9th infantry to europe. This particular weapon was present at Normandy and the Ardennes, and points along the way.

I like and enjoy collecting guns, but I am in stupid, stupid love with this one. One of these days I'll get a better pic of it up.

l_e8dbeca5904f4ea3a17c64ae8f3402be.jpg

Sadly, I aint got any at the moment. But I can contribute to the thread by showin' my buddy's 500.

1231082253ahs0.jpg

The only two that I have a picture of.
19112Small.jpg

There's a .38 wheel-gun in the fridge (yes, I have a gun in the refrigerator)
My dad has my P89

Then there's the
SKS
Remington 742
Remington 760
Mossburg 500
Stevens 311
10/22
Savage 17HMR
Lorcin .380 truck gun
???
I can't remember what all I have. I'll have to open the safe and take a pic tomorrow.

Good old slabsides! Mr. Browning would be proud sir.

Heres mine.I have some more but no pics of'em.

10mm Delta Goverment issue
100_3440.jpg

Glock17 9mm
100_3439.jpg

Glock31 .357 and .40
100_3429.jpg

Sorry, I got ahead of myself. It's a Styer M series 357 SIG. Had to cut and paste a pic. Couldn't ship it overseas. Anyway, it's one of the nicer weapons I have owned and the only one I still own. :punk:

Back