Show your windshield!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What mounting brackets are you guys with the Memphis shades shields using? According to their web site, nothing they sell will fit a Vmax.....:confused2:

I used fork mounted ones from Memphis Shades, Bob made his own...these are what I had but just sold them on fleabay~~

Attachments

• 100_3428.jpg
    100_3428.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 93
What mounting brackets are you guys with the Memphis shades shields using? According to their web site, nothing they sell will fit a Vmax.....:confused2:
The windshield comes with universal mounting brackets that work fine with any 7/8" dia. handle bar. It just takes some time to get it adjusted to your preferred location (height, angle, ect.) The turn signals will need to be relocated.

The windshield comes with universal mounting brackets that work fine with any 7/8" dia. handle bar. It just takes some time to get it adjusted to your preferred location (height, angle, ect.) The turn signals will need to be relocated.

Agh! I totally missed his question Bob...thanks for the 'bail out'! :worthy:

I'll make it all better....here are the brackets that come with the M/S shield....easy enough to mount, easier with a little help.

Attachments

• 100_2926.jpg
    100_2926.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 146
5 mm smoke plexiglass, polished stainless steel sheet for trim.
Windshield fabrication is relatively easy, once a proper bending jig is made.

If using kitchen range for heating, don't acknowledge:ummm: any "weird smell" when wife returns home.

Same M.O. if powdercoating.
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1010687.jpg
    P1010687.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 124
5 mm smoke plexiglass, polished stainless steel sheet for trim.
Windshield fabrication is relatively easy, once a proper bending jig is made.

If using kitchen range for heating, don't acknowledge:ummm: any "weird smell" when wife returns home.

Same M.O. if powdercoating.
Cheers!

That's cool I like this 1.

I just have the stock vmax 1...

Attachments

• IMG_20130814_172305.jpg
    IMG_20130814_172305.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 146
Davesax is right, I do like the Memphis Shades, here is my '86 with the MS Classic Deuce (Douche?:biglaugh:) it isn't cut up from the bottom tho I used MS signal relocator brackets to lower the signals to the forks.

Then I saw the MRA sheild and liked that one better.

I also run the MRA just like the one Dannymax shows, that is a great choice I love it

Any better pictures of the fork mounting system. We're trying to figure out the correct mounting stuff needed for the Speed Demon screen. The screen comes without any brackets and there are no universal clamping system for the handlebars. We do see a bracket setup for the fork legs but would love to see what that looks like if anyone has a picture of that.

Hey, MRA guys. Did you get the standard mount or the long mount for your windshield? I think the "long" one is 10" stand-off, but I don't know what the standard one is. I'm thinking the standard would probably work, though.

That's cool I like this 1.

I just have the stock vmax 1...

Hi Jagco, wanted to ask. The windshield in your photo is a Yamaha brand? I had one just like it, damaged it, removed it and looking for an exact replacement. I'll check out Yammie parts at a dealer. Rick

Hi Jagco, wanted to ask. The windshield in your photo is a Yamaha brand? I had one just like it, damaged it, removed it and looking for an exact replacement. I'll check out Yammie parts at a dealer. Rick

Not sure what parts you need but, replacement plastic is available and I believe patmax has a frame available.

Back