• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Single black supertrapp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit confused, its late and I'm still at the office.

It seems you have full aftermarket exhaust made by 2 brothers and are trying to install supertrapp slip ons in place of your existing muffler. If that is the cause, I anticipate problems.

If that's not the case, sorry for misunderstanding. Maybe post up a link of what you intend to buy.

You need a universal muffler, not slip ons.
Plenty of options out there. Supertapp does sell a universal megaphone but its around 19" long.

http://supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=36

That's what I'm looking for! What exact supertrapp safe those?

Mine are the Vmax specific Black Supertrapp slip-ons:
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/detail.asp?CatID=14&ItemID=822-41200

But you have a 4 into 1 system so you just need to get 1 Black Universal Supertrapp that will fit your pipe as I said in an earlier post.
Here's the link again:
http://supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=32

Mine have custom made flamed heat shields on them though.
The first pisture is without the heat shield and the second is the Supertrapp and the heat shield when I had them off the bike.

Attachments

• Supertrapp-Painted-right-side.jpg
    Supertrapp-Painted-right-side.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Painted.jpg
    Supertrapp-Left-Side-Repaired-Painted.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
This is the way I bought the bike with the two bros exhaust that is fully wrapped with the nylon heat wrap stuff. I am not familiar with the stock exhaust configuration and its wrapped so I'm not sure if it's a stock system with an adaptor of some sort to make it a 4-2-1 or it's a full system. If I can do a black single that's fine. If captain Kyle has a set of black duals for a decent price that's cool to.

Nothing like that exists that I know of, it's either a 4/1 or a 4/2 and the latter is stock configuration. The Cobra is 4/4 and costs HP because of no scavenging. The stock system is actually quite good. It makes power quietly, and is durable.

So, do you have two exhaust cans or one, now?

[/QOTE]Max;425793]This is the way I bought the bike with the two bros exhaust that is fully wrapped with the nylon heat wrap stuff. I am not familiar with the stock exhaust configuration and its wrapped so I'm not sure if it's a stock system with an adaptor of some sort to make it a 4-2-1 or it's a full system. If I can do a black single that's fine. If captain Kyle has a set of black duals for a decent price that's cool to.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I only have one exhaust can. Gonna try and make some time today to take the can off and check out the situation. Found a universal 4" for $190, I believe it's 18.5". They have 2", 2 1/4", and 2.5" ID ones.

Post-up the link, info like that is broadly applicable to our readership!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/37536/i/supertrapp-universal-muffler
Supertrapp 4" w/2" or 2-1/2" inlet, Sean Morley is a Supertrapp dealer I believe. This one is $246.

https://www.denniskirk.com/supertra...uffler-422-25000.p43950.prd/43950.sku#reviews
$251 w/2-1/2" inlet

I only have one exhaust can. Gonna try and make some time today to take the can off and check out the situation. Found a universal 4" for $190, I believe it's 18.5". They have 2", 2 1/4", and 2.5" ID ones.

I ended up bringing it to work with me tonight to get it apart, sucker doesn't want to budge an inch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 15
Got that sucker apart finally!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 12
That was the can, here is the exhaust pipe that it slips onto

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 16
I posted the pictures of the pipe and the can and not exactly sure which size universal supertrapp I should go with........ 2"ID or 2 1/4"ID. What do you guys think? I'm thinking 2" but not 100% sure?!

Yes, I agree, looks like a 2" will do it. be sure and use a barrel-bolt clamp and another stay from the canister to the frame, perhaps the rear footpeg mount or the OEM 4/2 megaphone mount. If you don't, you will probably lose the exhaust canister at some point.

It looks like a 2" can will work.

Last edited:
I was actually wondering about the mount. Just the clamp where it slips on probably won't be enough but I don't think there is any other bracket on the universals. There's an old ad on here in the parts for sale section with a set of black supertrapp slip one that are still available. I wonder how much it would cost to take my exhaust I have now in and have an adaptor made. I posted a picture of my exhaust pipe a few post up.

Trying to look at that picture and compare it to these.......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
The difference is yours connects to a 4 into 1 system and those fit the stock 4 into 2 pipes.

I was actually wondering about the mount. Just the clamp where it slips on probably won't be enough but I don't think there is any other bracket on the universals. There's an old ad on here in the parts for sale section with a set of black supertrapp slip one that are still available. I wonder how much it would cost to take my exhaust I have now in and have an adaptor made. I posted a picture of my exhaust pipe a few post up.
The supertrapp website states that universal mufflers come with a stainless mounting bracket. The bracket is meant to be welded on by the end user.

I got the supertrapp today and I think it looks 1,000,000 times better! I like the look with no end caps personally. I didn't get to take it for a real ride, just went up and down the street both with no discs and with all 12 discs. It actually didn't come with a mounting bracket so I'll have to figure it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 10
How the heck do you post multiple pictures?! I got to the little paper clip, the the file page, then my photo library, then push upload, then back to my post. If I try to upload another it will replace the first one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 9
Back