Sissy bar ideas ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Now i do prefer the Max without a sissybar , but my partner just loves to ride on the back whenever possible , i have looked at alot of sites and due to the dollar are very expensive or they look like shit . My mechanic who has designed and put a sissy on his 2050cc Kawasaki and it looks really good, he says he could make me one up in my winter .
I want one thats gonna look good and not out of place on the Max, was even thinking of totally replacing the grab bar with a one piece sissy bar .
Has anyone designed and made their own or have any ideas on this
:ttiwwp:

i like the streamlined look of the renntecs along with the luggage rack. i only was able to use it maybe 3/4 times but it was great when i did....

much lower than the yamma or other sissy's

There's always the H.A.C. removable sissybar. A little pricy for what you get (mine was poorly finished and had to be polished) but it really does go on and off fairly quickly. I really hate a sissybar on the Max.

Hi guys, just put a deposit on a 1990 VMax, should be getting it in about 2 weeks. Trying to find sissy bars to keep my gf comfy, she really wanted me to get a big cruiser but I wanted a VMax. SO long story short, I need a sissy bar that's nice and tall, my girl is 5'9" and some little nub won't due. Narrow is okay, because it has to look good as well as serve a purpose. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I'm going to crash Google soon lol.
EDIT: I prefer powder coated black over chrome too, but either way...

something that I always thought about as well was that if you are going to spend $300 on an OEM sissy, you might as well do a corbin seat with a sissybar for like $400 if you can... they have easily removable sissybar options...

i think you may wanna try the HAC. sounds like the renntec is too small.. my g/f is 5'1" so the small is ok and she prefers it she says its better than a big one b/c it is actually right against her back.

HAC does have the removeable type. I have a couple of used stock bars but I won't be cheap since they are discontinued now. I can of course chrome or coat the bar to your choice. The corbin is an option but keep in mind you have to have the seat (expensive) and then buy the bar (also expensive). I have one newer Corbin on hand but no backrest for it.

Sean

There one downer about the Corbin - the shaft that holds the sissy bar is in the most wrong possible place - bang in the middle at the back of the seat and right below the surface. So you have this hard square metal bit hitting your tail bone - my wife did NOT like that one bit.

I sold the Corbin sissy because it looked so gay, and I'm still planning on removing that stupid shaft and coming up with a better removable idea for a decent sissy for those 2-up times.

I have one of NosBoss's units on my bike and love it. The workmanship is first rate with fit and finish being top notch. What's more is that the wife loves it. I get the best of both worlds- clean lines when riding solo, and in about five minutes a backrest that my wife appreciates that doesn't look half bad. He was great to do business with. I wouldn't go any other way.

I think Nosboss and quarterhorse both sold their VMaxes and probably don't hang out here very often. The live a few hours away and I have their number if you want me to see if Jason (Nosboss) is interested in making another one for you.
Jeff

i checked NOSBOSS's acct it said hewas on on 1/4/09..

I pop in here every now and then. I did sell the max (wish I didn't) but I still have all the templates and materials to make them. I planned on making some this spring and putting them back on the market. If your interested in one of the backrest's I make send me a pm.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

I pop in here every now and then. I did sell the max (wish I didn't) but I still have all the templates and materials to make them. I planned on making some this spring and putting them back on the market. If your interested in one of the backrest's I make send me a pm.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

in these economic times it may not be bad if you can turn a few bucks on them. i've heard nothing but top notch comments. now if you could make a luggage rack to bolt on as well just as easily u'd be rolling in the dough

in these economic times it may not be bad if you can turn a few bucks on them. i've heard nothing but top notch comments. now if you could make a luggage rack to bolt on as well just as easily u'd be rolling in the dough

I was thinking about doing that. I'm not sure how big it would be, but anything is better than nothing. When I get around to building them again I will do some testing.

I was thinking about doing that. I'm not sure how big it would be, but anything is better than nothing. When I get around to building them again I will do some testing.

def man...

my only suggestion (take it with a grain of salt) is to do something similar to the renntec...

i would connect it in the same parts as the front bolt is easy to take on and off. However for the rear bolt, make a quick disconnect, or an easily accessible bolt that could attach to a tab like the one that moves the indicators on the renntec..

hopefully that makes sense.

I think Nosboss and quarterhorse both sold their VMaxes and probably don't hang out here very often. The live a few hours away and I have their number if you want me to see if Jason (Nosboss) is interested in making another one for you.
Jeff

Didn't know about NosBoss selling his ride, but I did read that QH sold his Max and his Busa in his profile, he's still active, but its been hit and miss since I've seen him on.

Didn't know about NosBoss selling his ride, but I did read that QH sold his Max and his Busa in his profile, he's still active, but its been hit and miss since I've seen him on.

I sold it in early December. I hate myself for selling it even though it was a good deal at the time. I'm looking for a basket case (cheap) if anyone knows of one. lol:punk:

Quarterhorse is talking about going completely bike-less for the year... I don't know what he is thinking. :bang head:

def man...

my only suggestion (take it with a grain of salt) is to do something similar to the renntec...

i would connect it in the same parts as the front bolt is easy to take on and off. However for the rear bolt, make a quick disconnect, or an easily accessible bolt that could attach to a tab like the one that moves the indicators on the renntec..

hopefully that makes sense.

I'm not sure how well that would work considering mine uses the stock grab bar. I like how it looks though. I jotted down a couple of ideas and i'm still not happy.

Back