Small switch above left scoop?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mild83

Reaction score
Looks like a small aftermarket switch, on the left side, just above the left scoop. I haven't messed with it because I have no idea what it is for. I've looked on here to see if on any other bikes, and didn't see any.

Any ideas what it could be?

Tboost switch. Changes the vboost to come on at 3000 instead of 6000 or some variation of that.

Hmmm, does it matter what position it's set in? I saw in the FAQ for new owners, just wasn't sure if that was what it was.

Not really, just depends on what you want it to be on. You'll have to mess with it to see which position is what.

Could also be a by-pass switch to turn the fan on, or to activate some aftermarket mod like lights, grip heaters..... :confused2:

Pull the scoop off and see where the wires go.

Will do, didn't see anything that would indicate anything really, so I had no idea.

Thanks, fellas.

Let us know what you find, some may find it inspirational to see others engaging in the work of knowing your bike.
I'm a big fan of knowing your bike and it's operation so you can fix the issues you come upon, either yours or a unfortunate fellow rider on the side of the road.
And pictures, we always like pictures of your finding. Thanks!

If the switch has 3 positions it's probably T-boost as mentioned above, my VMax came with similar setup. Center position VBoost Off, rear position VBoost in at 6k (stock), forward position VBoost in at 3k.

If the switch has 3 positions it's probably T-boost as mentioned above, my VMax came with similar setup. Center position VBoost Off, rear position VBoost in at 6k (stock), forward position VBoost in at 3k.

That depends on how you fix the switch. The thread on the switch has a groove for the fixing washer. That is the reference and if im not mistaken that side is the 3000 rpm activation mode...

Defo best to check where the wires go - I've seen some pretty stoopid electrical mods on some bikes I've had..

But 99% chance it's a t-boost switch as it's a very popular mod, and 1% says it's a thermostat bypass switch to turn the fan on (but you'd notice real easy if it was - can't miss the noise of the fan!)

Back