Small turn signals?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run some Kuryakyn Silver Bullets...they are a little on the pricey side, but look rather nice...I have them front and rear, but only have pics of the rears installed....*oops*

Attachments

• vmax rear2.jpg
    vmax rear2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 45
  • vmax rear.jpg
    vmax rear.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 57
Here are the ones I have to install on my bike. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Mike

Attachments

• turn_signals.jpg
    turn_signals.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 32
bike.jpgHere's a picture I posted in another thread previously to show the size differnece between the stock and the Harrison Specialty turn signals.

Thanks for all the suggestions and pictures....quite a bit to choose from!

It is almost laughable how small some of these signals are against the stockers. :)

For those that have run smoked lenses on their signals....any trouble seeing them?

I am also thinking that I need to move my front signals to the forks, as the Hellcat windshield I've got hits the current blinkers. Anybody mounted them in a different place than stock? Easy enough to do, or harder than it looks?

For those that have run smoked lenses on their signals....any trouble seeing them?

yes, most people said they were extremely hard to see when i had those on. i would not recommend them. with the normal 23w 12v bulb.

yea i think they were phillip lockhart, either way, PO put them on. looked good but worked worth shit.

Has anyone heard of their states' inspecting for DOT approved lighting? I heard rumors MA. is or soon will be. Just trying to plan ahead.

Has anyone heard of their states' inspecting for DOT approved lighting? I heard rumors MA. is or soon will be. Just trying to plan ahead.

I haven't...most I see/hear of them doing is checking to make sure there is a light to begin with and then checking whether it works. It's surprising how many don't make it that far...hehehe:biglaugh:

my buddy got denied last year for not having clear bulbs on his license plate. a trip to another place fixed that tho.

The ones I got : here. I got the chrome model with the short pen. hope that will be fine, I didn't install them yet. Got the same model, 50% off on ebay.

Hey Guys,

Well, I think I am going to spring for a round of LED signals from Harrison specialty, and run a diode to let everything flash as it should. I am going to put a set of amber in the front, which will double as running lights, but I'm curious as to what to put on the back.

I may eventually smooth out the look of the rear fender, and put some type of smaller LED taillight on...which got me thinking if I shouldn't get a set of red LED turn signals for the back, and also have them as running lights so I can be seen better from behind.

So, what to do? Get an amber set for the rear as well, and only use them as turn signals, or make them running lights as well, or get a set of red ones, and use them as running lights in the rear, as well as signals? I'm thinking the amber might stick out and be noticed more in the rear, but may somehow confuse drivers.

Again, I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks! :)

First I think you should contact your state police and inquire about what color running lights are allowed in your state. I believe that there are some states that only allow red for running lights.
On my Max I am using LED amber in front and red in the rear. The rears are dual density LED also. One lead I use for the turn signals and the other I use as extra brake lights.
Being that I live in a state with allot of snowbirds during tourist season, I want to have as much light in the rear showing that I and slowing down or stopped. I know that these grayhairs have declining vision.

You know, that isn't a bad idea to check. Just because I see both styles running down the freeway doesn't mean it's legal.

I use the aluminum bodied ones as shown above. They are inexpensive, fit well and shine very brightly. I like 'em.

G Man

I have bought so many of these turn signals that I should just about own the company.Many companies sell this exact product under different names. I love these but the cheap sockets fall apart if you even look at them wrong.I am going to try to convert two sets of these to LED. Anyone done this convertion yet?

Attachments

• t.s..jpg
    t.s..jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I have bought so many of these turn signals that I should just about own the company.Many companies sell this exact product under different names. I love these but the cheap sockets fall apart if you even look at them wrong.I am going to try to convert two sets of these to LED. Anyone done this convertion yet?

Gary Spradley has a bit of info on a LED conversion on his site.

http://cruton.bmg.uab.edu/page_13.htm

Latest posts

Back