Solid engine mount install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
After mulling it since my purchase I have decided to install the Venture solid mounts on my 2003 Max. I have read the Outlaw write up and was wondering if anyone here could provide any install tips for this. I know that it is harder than it sounds and looks, so I am looking for some experienced recommendations on what to do to make the process easier. Should I remove the carbs to begin with, or should I be able to do this w/o? Is the Outlaw website totally accurate, or has some others found a better way to do it? Thanks for any input...

Speaking from experience:

1) Get a flat machined on the rear 2 mounts, otherwise you will wish you had the extra 1/8" clearance.

2) Remove the carbs right off the bat.

3) Do the front 4 first, but only bolt up the top two.

4) You might as well remove the exhaust and swingarm once you get the fronts replaced.

5) Use a floor jack to tilt the motor top towards the front of the bike.

6) Be ready to get the rears installed into the engine case once you get the clearance.

From there you reverse the process torqing the bolts as you go. Do the maintenance on the swingarm bearings, wheel bearings, etc. while you have it all apart. Be prepared to invest a minimum of 4-6 hrs of yours and a buddies time if necessary, and by all means if you run into an issue get on this list and post a HELP message:biglaugh:

Howard, we just did Kellie's.... and Kent has solid mounts. You too proud to ask your friends for help? Damn Irish....lol

The only I can add is that I had the remove the middle drive gear because the ujoint was hitting the gas tank - just didn't have the clearance with the tank in to get the engine high enough.

Mike

Back