Solid Motor Mounts Are INSTALLED!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
W000t :th_image003:I got my new motor mounts installed (late last night) the rear's were a PAIN IN THE ASS:pullhair:. Anyways got all the mounts in, now just to put everything back on the bike, but won't get to try it out for another 4 months or so. Will I notice a big difference with the mounts? Plus the front fork brace and progressive front springs? Oh and two new Avon Venom X's. Friend of mine said I'm going to be like riding a different bike.

I also have pictures of the entire process that goes along with the instructions from http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/solid-mount.shtml if anyone would think it might help others I'd gladly post them.

I think that the motor mounts are one of the best upgrades that one can do to a Max, especially for the money. With all of the other changes you are doing, it might be difficult to pin point what is making the difference. Your friend is correct. It will be like riding a new bike.

i'd love love to see the pics as i'll be doing it soon man!

I want to do this mod myself was it hard?How long did it take?Pics please??????

engine braces are a hell of a lot easier! i'm going to get a barsnake when i do the motor mounts. so shortly i hope. i'd love to see a write up before i dig in tho.

Garrett, the motor mounts are well worth the effort. They are not too bad to install. The challenge is just getting all of the bolts started. If you have a couple of jacks, the job is fairly easy. I used the scissor jack from my car.
This is just like anything else, just do it!

Looking at doing this to at some point . Is it worth doing even with the increased vibes at 4000+rpm .
What you recommend the solid mounts or the engine brace ?:confused2:

1) The vibes aren't bad and it just adds to the character of a muscle bike,
the engine now becomes effectively a stressed member, something frames braces
can't offer.

2) Solid mounts
Solid mounts
Solid mounts
.....and solid mounts.

1) The vibes aren't bad and it just adds to the character of a muscle bike,
the engine now becomes effectively a stressed member, something frames braces
can't offer.

2) Solid mounts
Solid mounts
Solid mounts
.....and solid mounts.

Hmmm... now I'm curious.

Subscribed.

I did the job myself with just a cheap bottle jack, the scissor jack from our truck's tool kit, and a long lever (piece of pipe, 2x4, whatever). And a rubber mallet to gently tap the bolts to where the threads start. I lubed up the delrin with a touch of axle grease to ease in installation.

If I can do it, anybody can. I did have to ask some questions here to get through it.

I found the difference in handling feel to be well worth the effort and the minimal cost.

I traded a Harley for the Vmax, so it still seems incredibly smooth to me! I have no trouble with the vibes at high speeds for long periods of time. If you're gripping the bars like cold death, of course it will be a more negative experience....but if you're riding comfortably and normally I don't think you will find the vibes very noticeable at all.

I'll post the pics, I used the instructions from here http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/solid-mount.shtml and the pics correspond to the instructions. How can I post pics a thread and I'll do a write up tonight.

upload pics to a place like http://imageshack.us/

then once you have your pictures uploaded, you click on each individual picture and it will have an "embed this picture" section on the right. Copy the text from the "Forum" field.

and then just paste that text inline with your write up.

I installed solid mounts in my bike and I'm not so sure I enjoy the extra vibes. Make sure that once you've ridden the bike a few times to double check all your bolts on the bike....every single one. I had lots of stuff rattle loose thanks to the extra vibes.

Never had anything rattle loose!

Did you torque every single bolt with real torque wrench, and lock-tite every bolt that wasn't going into aluminum?

I ride the heck out of my max and nothing ever rattled loose before or after installing the solid Delrin mounts....

Whats the difference? noise? give? Install?

That I can't tell you, cause I've only installed the delrin. I think Jedi made his own and are aluminum.

As far as noise I can't tell, the kerker pretty much covers that if in fact there is any.

Give? it tightens things up, how much, I dunno cause I'm running frame braces and a braced swingarm so I really can't tell.

Install wasn't that bad, did it while BS'ing a friend in a couple of hours and about a 6 pack at a leasurely pace.

Back