Solid motor mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
My first suspension mod is going to be replacing the mounts with solid ones... I think. I know a lot here have done it, what I'm wondering is the best place to get them and either aluminum or derlin? Also, what should I expect in handling and vibration?

Ron

contact Gary Mccoy at mondak motorsports he will give you a good deal on solid aluminum mounts he is in the vendor links. i dont feel any big difference in vibrations but they make the max feel firm no flexing.
Chris

how big of a pain to put these in? do u have to drop the engine and/or swingarm?

Four fronts are pretty easy. Rears are more difficult but okay if you remove swing arm and middle gear plate. Having a jack and an extra pair of hands is nice too.

hmmm. thanks mark. sounds like a winter project eh?

My first suspension mod is going to be replacing the mounts with solid ones... I think. I know a lot here have done it, what I'm wondering is the best place to get them and either aluminum or derlin? Also, what should I expect in handling and vibration?

Ron

I'm going to make another set, this for my 88 project.
If you pay for the material ( Acetal) and postage I'll make you some for no labor charge.
You'll feel some vibration, not much but it's probably one of the best mods you can do as basically the engine now becomes a stressed member and really tightens up the frame.
let me know if you want them as I'm making mine next week.

forgive my ignorance but what exactly is acetal? How does it compare to the aluminum and delrin. I may be interested in this.

Thanks
Richard

forgive my ignorance but what exactly is acetal? How does it compare to the aluminum and delrin. I may be interested in this.

Thanks
Richard

Delrin is a brand name , not a product, it is actually Acetal.

Jedi, how much to ship to Omaha, NE 68144? Wow, what a great price!

i'd be up for a set too! something we could arrange? i can PM you

Me to!! In black. Do you take PayPal? If not, what form of payment would you prefer? What would the total be with shipping to Richardson, TX 75081? Thanks for the great deal!!

I'd like a set too, in black please. Shipping to Brimley, Michigan 49715. Thank You very much Jedi! :worthy:
The Kiwi content on Redbone is growing! :thumbs up:

And I'd like a set as well, in black please.

Why don't you ship them all to one address in the states, and then we'll distribute on - it may be cheaper to ship and less hassle for you!

Latest posts

Back