Some of the best money I've spent on my Max yet..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Just got my new luggage rack from MtnMax/Magniac today and I gotta say the thing is a work of art! I mounted it in about 10 min and now I can fit my cooler on my bike for the ride to work plus my carry on bag fits good too so I'm all good for road trips! I definitely recommended picking one up if your looking for a luggage rack because it looks better than a stocker (if you can find one) and for $200 to my door it was cheaper than most of the stockers too, plus way stronger! here is his site http://www.cycle-istic.com/Misc.html I'm putting some pics up with it on the bike....

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 360
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 369
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 336
Thats a big ass cooler. Load it up with beer and use it as ballast to help ride wheelies to the party.

Yea my job is kinda crazy, sometimes I have to work 14 hours at a time so I have to bring all my food and water with me so I need a big one! LOL

What did you have to do for installation? I have the same seat setup as you.

I have an HAC (?) back rest and luggage rack and I have to say the rack pretty much sucks. It's way too small, bunggy hooks slide around ( I put s ome aerostich bunggy hooks) but still barley useable. I looked around for one for a while and not really satified. Plus the price was a little steep.

What did you have to do for installation? I have the same seat setup as you.

Install was a snap, just pull the pass seat & you can access the 4 bolts for the brackets, bolt up the brackets on both sides & put the pass seat back on, then you can bolt the rack to the brackets. I'll probably just leave the brackets on all the time cause I don't think they look that bad & just pull the rack when I don't need it but even if you wanted to pull off the brackets its only about a 10 minute job. I really needed this and it works perfectly for me, the top is a little slippery but its billet aluminum so its to be expected, I'll probably mask it off at some point and hit just the top surface (part that holds your cargo) with some of the spray on truck bed liner for extra grip but like I said I seriously doubt you'll find a nicer one at any price and this one is cheaper than alot of the stockers go for on eBay. Give him a shout if you need one, i ordered it monday and got it today so the shipping was fast too, great guy to talk to as well. :clapping:

That is a nice option for people with the need to carry a lot of cargo, looks vary well made. I almost spit my coffee out when I seen the size of that cooler:rofl_200:we need to fill it with beer and go for a ride sometime.

"camper max" by Yamaha.....:rofl_200:
I personally not into functionality. I just want it to fast:eusa_dance:

Keep the wife at home.. no worries there because she won't ride with me anyways. Tried to get a dresser bike after the Max . All she said was "we are not old enough for that, we are not old folgies". I say piss on that. I was thinking comfort for her. Oh well that is what us guys get for trying to be thoughtful and nice..... GRIEF :bang head:

G

Sorry I've been at work for the last few weeks guys (thinking about mounting my mailbox to that truck! LOL) but I highly recommend this rack. I bought it primarly to go on longer trips but being able to take my "camper cooler" with me to work was a nice bonus! LOL I know the the cooler is huge but when you get no lunch break and your on site with nothing to eat or drink all day 14 hours is a long damn time so I have to take everything with me :punk:

We're leaving early Tuesday morning, July 5th, for a ride with a small group (I think 5) from the Sacramento area through Nevada and Idaho up to Glacier Park in Montana. From there we will go a little way up into Canada, then turn west and return through Washington and Oregon. When we get back I will start making duplicates of the backrest shown on my web page
http://www.cycle-istic.com/Misc.html
As soon as I have a couple made, I will know exact pricing.

Last edited:
Last year when I went into Canada I forgot to notify American Express ahead of time. So when I tried to pay for my first tank of gas, my card was canceled. Luckily there was a bank across the street where I could exchange some dollars. Just saying. Rand

well I must say that is a large rack and if any of you have this rack are going to Thunder 2012 we all know who going for the beer runs.

Holy crap do you have Thanksgiving dinner for lunch every day? haha

It is a nice looking setup though. Bet it makes the bike very wheelie-happy, though that might shake up your lunch a bit.

Latest posts

Back