Sources for calipers??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax Steve

Reaction score
I've got to replace the rear caliper on my 1992 VMax along with the rotor. I plan to get an EBC rotor and HH pads, but haven't been able to find a good source for a stock caliper. The local dealer wasn't very helpful, and said that I would need to check the salvage shops. I can't believe there isn't a source for new parts available.

Any suggestions on sources for a stock caliper?

Should I consider upgrading the caliper, and if so, to what and from whom?

Many thanks!

Welcome Steve!

Ebay would be one... Email Sean Morley at [email protected] as he may have a nice one laying around.

U motors is another place to get them.

Check out the VMF links page for links to these sites.

FYI: 2006 and 2007 rear calipers were black in case you want a black one.

For the rear rotor I would call Mike at www.whitebuffaloracing.com and look at getting a Galfer wave rotor. It's a pound less than stock and Mike has great pricing on the pads and rotors.

Gluck!
Chris

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 12
for the rotors and pads, www.whitebuffaloracing.com is the contact. Good communication and good price for branded stuff like Galfer.
For calipers, you can check for R1 calipers on ebay if you're planning to do the mod.
But in this case don't forget to add an adapter bracket.

Michael

I have a full set of polished calipers for the early models. The pads are stock, but have some good life left in them. I wasn't thinking when I got them on eBay... my bike takes the later version calipers (the rear is universal though). I got them for a good deal, and I'll pass that good deal on to anyone interested. PM me if anyone wants to see pictures.

Thanks,
Jeff

jeff has the fronts (I don't remeber if he has the rear).

Sean

Heck, you might as well get the set from Jeff. I think they might even have pads??

Sean

Latest posts

Back