Spark Plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marecki

Reaction score
So since I am doing other thing the thought came to mind... spark plugs.

Right now NGK's are on the VMAX, they've run good as far as I could tell and have no issue, but the plugs will need to be replaced within a time frame, so I'll plan ahead and get them now so I dont need to wait when I need them.

My question to you gents and madams, besides NGK, what do you run, are they better than the cheapest quality (NGK in my honest opinion)? What are they benefits? Cost Per?

I've run a few of the crossover plugs but seem to always come back to the NGK, because they just plain work... Finding them at Auto Parts Stores has cut the cost of going to Yami Dealers... Why argue with success????

Good Luck

Dave, thanks, I'm basically just wondering maybe there's a better option, if there is why not take it... know what I mean?

The bike is for street riding so it doesn't need Nology spark plugs since it'd be a waste and it wouldn't really work for street riding.

I know what you're saying. I use NGK because I've found them cheap.

My Sportster doesn't see Harley Plugs at $7.50 each and no one else but the dealer carries them. I use Autolite from the auto parts store at a cost ratio of about 3 to 1.

My sport bikes run NGK's on my CBR and Savage, but they're different types of bikes... if it benefits a v4 with better plugs, then I'd like to get them... I have NGK's in the Vmax now, and hey run fine, nothing special.

I've been doing my best to keep your thread active. I was hoping you'd get some input from some of the people who really know more than me. It looks like we're answering each other. Kinda like a 2 man Volley Ball Game....:rofl_200:

Good Luck...

Yea, I know, I'm waiting for the others to jump in too :) Cheers brother

I switched over to Champion a short while back because of a hot idle issue. It was RA6HC. It idled great when hot & I thought that plug was just awesome. Then, about 1 month ago, I was out for a cruise & I heard a popping noise. The farther I went , the worse it got. By the time I got home it was running on 3 cylinders. I pulled the wire one at a time & found cylinder #1 to be dead. I threw one of the old NGK's back in & all was well. Last weekend I put the other 3 NGK's in before the Dyno party at Kyle's house & the bike never skipped a beat. I'm done with Champions now - I'll stick with NGK DPR8EA-9, thank you very much.

Years back after burning a hole in a piston on a 125 honda running a champion plug i have had no desire to run any plug that is not recomended by the factoryy

Kind of interesting imo, cheapest is best in this case

hahha, I take it you guys don't like Champions :) hahaha

Around my digs is, If it needs a spark it has a NGK in it.
both trucks, Vmax, Mower, Leaf Blower, Weed eater. :)

I was using Champions, Bosch, Platninum and many diffrent spark plug brands.

One thing I must say that BAD spark plug IMHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOLE IN THE PISTON as it goes with normal condition applications.
Yes, even if it is a 2 stroke which i had couple in my short life. Still have one.

I found champions better then bosch and ngk in some bikes.
Acctually ngk were not even able to last 100km there.
Not becouse that hey were burned badly or oiled or nothing that comes from engine. They just died.

As for the v-max i didnt try other plugs then ngk's but, i have heard about couple riders locally who runs them fine.
But at the same time i know many many stories about ngk's that were not able to stand even a 10 minutes.

As for the future questions.
All ngk's we have here in PL are imported straight from japan...
The same bosch from germany.
Im not sure about champs as they're federal mogul brand now.

Stock NGK plugs in my max. Showroom floor stock. Never changed and still working fine.
Running NGK B8EG or B8ES (can't remember) in my two stroke CR5. Had the same plug in it for years. Changed it two seasons ago after rebuilding the trans. The plug that was in it was fine and the one I've had in it for two seasons now is still going strong.

Back