Spark Plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dknudsen

Reaction score
I have to change my plugs about once a month because they burn out. I have tried just about every brand of plug that matches the NGK and have had the best luck with champions but they still burn out a lot. Any suggestions on different plugs?

what do you mean by "burn out" ? How about taking a pic of the bad plugs and posting it here for us to see. Always used NGK plugs in my Vmax. Could be something else causing this to happen to the plugs.

The plugs dont look much different and the only reason I know they are out is by the bikes performance and as soon as I replace them with new ones we are back up and running.

It could possibly be running rich?

Possibly, but the plugs would be more on the black sooty side in color if that were the case. Plug insulators should be tan in color if the fuel / air mixture is correct.

You say the plugs aren't much different .... are they all black ? Pics would help.

I cant see the pics even with the links that you gave..could you upload the pics?

The plugs may burn by having lean mix not rich... Black plugs are not burn, its exactly the opposite like Jeff said...

Back