Speeding....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both my car and bike have veterans plates and I also carry a military ID. Last April, my wife and I were on our way to California to see my daughter and grandkids. I got pulled over twice for doing 80 in a 75(Oklahoma and Texas) and both times, the officers thanked me for my service and let me off with a warning. I have been pulled over on three different occasions for going 10 over the limit and each time, I was thanked for my service and given a reminder to slow down.....

For the record, the last speeding ticket I got was back in 1995. I didn't have my military ID at the time and I was driving my dad's Alfa Romeo 164S and his car did not have veterans plates.

Both my car and bike have veterans plates and I also carry a military ID. Last April, my wife and I were on our way to California to see my daughter and grandkids. I got pulled over twice for doing 80 in a 75(Oklahoma and Texas) and both times, the officers thanked me for my service and let me off with a warning. I have been pulled over on three different occasions for going 10 over the limit and each time, I was thanked for my service and given a reminder to slow down.....

For the record, the last speeding ticket I got was back in 1995. I didn't have my military ID at the time and I was driving my dad's Alfa Romeo 164S and his car did not have veterans plates.

That's a sign of respect from one professional who potentially puts their life on the line everyday, to a another who did the same for his country. I think that is awesome!

I carry a family member PBA card that has gotten me out of several tickets as well. In that case its just the understanding that I value what they do, and respect and support them in their efforts.

In Canada they don't normally touch you till 20 kms over. At 50 kms over they seize your vehicle, charge you with racing and I believe throw you in jail...

On one of his live albums(can't remember which one) Jimmy Buffet talks about getting pulled over, asking the officer
"Got any tickets to the Policeman's ball?"
Didn't work for him.
Cheers!

In Canada they don't normally touch you till 20 kms over. At 50 kms over they seize your vehicle, charge you with racing and I believe throw you in jail...

Is that Federal or by Province?, I know in Ontario.......50 over....they take the vehicle for 7 days....you pay the fine and the storage fee too!

On one of his live albums(can't remember which one) Jimmy Buffet talks about getting pulled over, asking the officer
"Got any tickets to the Policeman's ball?"
Didn't work for him.
Cheers!

Maybe it's only an Ontario thing.. But it's 100% unfortunately true

Don't know. Thought they slapped Racing on 50 and over and impounded..

At one point, 50 over got you impounded and a actual "speeding" as in racing violation

Just because a veteran put his life on the line, protecting others should not give them a free pass on putting those lives they protected.....back in danger

Sometimes speeding is necessary however.. As is Lanesplitting etc.. Which we don't do in Canada. Or at least not supposed too.

Just because a veteran put his life on the line, protecting others should not give them a free pass on putting those lives they protected.....back in danger
When I speed, I do it on deserted back country roads, so the ONLY life I'm endangering is my own.
So, just because someone is speeding (which could technically be as little as 1 mph over the limit) doesn't mean they are endangering others.

I am a veteran but I don't have military (veteran's) ID, so that isn't a factor at all for me.
But Police showing respect for Veterans is a Good thing in my book.

They had to put that law effect because Canadian drivers are righteous bastards that can't drive for crap Don't even challenge me on this Because I know I pull doubles all the way from Michigan to Brampton Don't get me wrong Michigan drivers have their problems too They're not righteous at all They're flat out dangerous and stupid If you were to give tickets Two drivers that tailgate on both sides of the border You could end world hunger

I admit it...
I am a true Hooligan when I ride. The darkness takes over when the jacket goes on and the V4 starts her purr...

I admit it...
I am a true Hooligan when I ride. The darkness takes over when the jacket goes on and the V4 starts her purr...

Weird, how that works. It's an affliction shared by many in the Vmax community.

With me though, it has never required donning a jacket, or helmet for that matter, but simply forking a leg over the beast. Lawfulness goes out the window. :rocket bike:

There is a big difference between speeding and driving/riding recklessly. When the 55mph speed limit was the norm on the interstates, there were people(I was one of them) who had radar detectors and used CB radios and went 70mph. Now that the speed limit is 65/70mph people go 80mph. The increase in speed does not put peoples' lives in danger, but it is those drivers/riders who operate their vehicles without regard for others safety that should be ticketed....

Weird, how that works. It's an affliction shared by many in the Vmax community.

With me though, it has never required donning a jacket, or helmet for that matter, but simply forking a leg over the beast. Lawfulness goes out the window. :rocket bike:

It's colder up North, Eh?

Back