Sputtering at low RPM's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08brute

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you more experienced with carb tuning. Here is my problem. (02 V, individual air filters, some sort of jet kit, open supertrapps, clutch currently slipping)

My bike has the v-boost selector that can be switched between 3k and 6k. In the 6k (stock) position while cruising at about 55 in 5th if I give it gas, it sputters for a moment. (around 4k I think). When I change the selector for v-boost to come on at 3k this problem goes away. Am I jetted lean?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the low speed jets are blocked with trash. Drain the carbs one by one into a White Paper Cup and see if little black flakes come out... Does it idle better with the choke slightly set???? Good Luck....

On the second read of your post, I had a very similar occurrence at around 4 grand but can't quite pull the fix outta my ancient brain... My first comment is still
worth a try.... I'll think on the other....

Thanks. I will try this. If anyone has any other suggestions I am open to try them.

Will it hurt to run it at 3k boost even if just cruising?

Thanks. I will try this. If anyone has any other suggestions I am open to try them.

Will it hurt to run it at 3k boost even if just cruising?

It should only hurt your wallet. MPG will go down a bit. I can't see it hurting anything. I've ridden with it on, for long periods.

Steve

Latest posts

Back