ST1300 anyone have one of these?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except for that unfinished, discolored look of the header pipes before the cans(can't understand Honda for this oversight), I always liked the ST. In fact, I nearly purchased one, before seeing a Max.
Seems like a decent price for a bike with so few miles. You can usually tell that the owner has taken care of a bike - not only by it's condition, but by insisting on no test rides.
Cheers!

Yeah for that low mileage, its definitely a comfy looking bike.
I might have to go over there with some cash just to take a test ride.

Todd

Honda's are for girls these day's no power and old looking. This would be much better.

Have friends with both FJR and ST1300. The 128 is at the crank. The FJR outperforms the ST in every way. Both are great bikes. Depends on what you want in a sport tourer. The FJR is more sport, the ST is more tourer.

The ST is a great bike. My wife and I just got back from a 700 mile trip on my '06 and enjoyed every mile....even through the tornadoes, wind and rain!

I looked at the FJR and the Connie, and even the BMW, but after a lot of thought decided to go with the Honda. Part of that was due to wanting the bike for long distance with 2up, and part was due to their reliability record. I have not been disappointed.

The new FJR is super nice and the Connie has nice features as well, but for my needs the ST just works. No, it doesn't have a lot of fancy electronics but we have managed just fine. There is a reason why it hasn't changed much in 11 yrs.

The only thing I really can think of that I don't like is the sound. Pretty much like a sewing machine. I may try some slip ons someday to see if that would help...

Attachments

• WP_20140307_001.jpg
    WP_20140307_001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 15
A buddy of mine has a 2001 with 125+K miles with absolutely zero major issues- has only changed consumables like brakes, tires etc. Still runs like a swiss watch, and is a nice bike!

Latest posts

Back