Star Vmax forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would like to see the site up and running again, as I’ve spent many hours reading and researching all the valuable gen 2 information there. Any issues I would have, the forum was the go to for me even over the shop manual. Enthusiastic owners might be the answer for running the site. Count me in if donations are neede.

Yes I do miss the starvmax site myself
Just have to watch out for the little trouble makers over there like puck,mark and Jamie.... LMAO

Hi everyone. I just joined this forum. So, this is where everyone has been hanging out since the disappearance of StarVmax ;(
I recognize a few of the same names. Judging my the few answers and lack of follow up since the last post on this thread (about 1 month ago), there is little hope of ever recovering all the info that was preciously gathered over the last 11 years. It is very sad indeed.

I've not asked Tim, nor do I know him as well as almost everybody. But I think the idea was doomed. As I recall, and I literally read almost every posting every made roughly two years ago, Oliver was deeper into software development back when he birthed the forum. I've no idea, but I suspect the forum wasn't built on something highly portable (like a VM), or commercially supported.

Now maybe I'm being too generous, but it's the only reason I can think of why Oliver wouldn't have made it available to Tim to take over.

Or maybe he wanted to see it, or.. I dunno.

But yea, it, and an treasure trove of knowledge, seem gone. RIP.

I've not asked Tim, nor do I know him as well as almost everybody. But I think the idea was doomed. As I recall, and I literally read almost every posting every made roughly two years ago, Oliver was deeper into software development back when he birthed the forum. I've no idea, but I suspect the forum wasn't built on something highly portable (like a VM), or commercially supported.

Now maybe I'm being too generous, but it's the only reason I can think of why Oliver wouldn't have made it available to Tim to take over.

Or maybe he wanted to see it, or.. I dunno.

But yea, it, and an treasure trove of knowledge, seem gone. RIP.

If I remember right it was wordpress based with a possibly massaged forum add on. Does anyone remember the IP of the forum? It is hiding behind CloudFlare now so a ping request will give you the worng IP.

If I remember right it was wordpress based with a possibly massaged forum add on. Does anyone remember the IP of the forum? It is hiding behind CloudFlare now so a ping request will give you the worng IP.

Would the archived version of the site give the correct IP?

Poking around a bit, the forum may have been running on Kunena, an open source forum, with possibly a wordpress frontend.
Keeping this thread alive, the forum is running on Kunena. See attached pic. It might not even be running wordpress as this software includes a frontend. How there is no data base port written for Kunena to Xenforo. However you could do the Kunena ->IPBoard -> Xenforo. That would lose all the passwords though.

starvmax.JPG

Last edited:
I went to Waybackmachine a couple of months ago and found an archived copy of the forum. The problem was that it wanted you to log in using your password.....and that doesnt work.

Even if you lost the passwords, could you do a "lost password" and update everything?

Last edited:
I was interested in the IP to figure out what is causing the 522 error. That generally means the server is up and running but the forum softare isn't running or something is wrong with and there is a resource issue. It's good that the server is up as that means the database is probably still viable.

Interesting... you can see Oliver pull up to his work on a Harley!!

:) That engine could be easily mistaken for a Harley, no doubt.

It's just like a Harley motor except it makes good power and doesn't break down! :D

I'm pretty sure Oliver is a die hard Yamaha guy. He had a hopped up Warrior before his Gen2 VMax.

That MT-01 he's riding had to have been imported because they're not available here in the states.

I haven't been able to get on there for a very long time...I'm thinking it's just permanently dead...pretty sad...lot's of great people and information...

I haven't been able to get on there for a very long time...I'm thinking it's just permanently dead...pretty sad...lot's of great people and information...

Hey, I like your plate. ;)

Back