starter switch problem, HELP!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayV4

Reaction score
Putting max back together after complete strip down to adress some frame rust and now the bike won't start

electrics on, push the start button and all the happens is the backlights go off on the clocks so...

I got the bike running after arcing over the starter relay with the trusty skrewdriver, seeing the relay as being knackerd I've bought a new one fitted it and still the same problem persists!

So now all i can figure is a bad earth /double earth or something stupid as everything is working and running

I dont know where to look now please help!

I would check your starting circuit cutoff relay. Make sure 12 volts is coming out of the output coil side of the relay. Do this by checking voltage at the blue/white wire coming from your starter switch. Check input voltage too. If it's 12 volts then your relay is "stuck" open. It's obviously not your side stand switch, diode block or clutch switch since you can jump your bike and it runs normally.

sorry for the late reply maleko, i put up with a switch between the solenoid for a while, i let my sparky mate attack the problem now all is well

thanks for the help

jay

Latest posts

Back