steering Crown

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkw0417

Reaction score
I have searched the service manual and didn't find it. Can anyone tell me what the size of the wrench needed for the steering crown(bolt on top of the trees). I think I have the right name. I would rather not use a large cresent wrench if I can one the right size.

I'll measure in a bit. There's a wrench for it in the tool kit if you have one of those?

Thanks guys.
Was adjusting the steering head to fix my low speed wobble. All done, Thanks.

I use my 1 1/16th large box end wrench. Fits very well and more leverage them most of the metrics in the right size.

Sean

I ended up using the one in the tool kit for the bike so I didn't have to go to the store to buy a new wrench. But thanks for the pointer.

I forgot to mention that along with the wrench from the tool kit I used the supplied extension bar too. I don't torque that nut, just tighten it like a gorilla.

I didn't get a wobble very often. It was only if I was decelerating and sitting up to adjust my shirt or my backpack. Basically coasting with no hands. Around 45 mph it would start to wobble. So I knew how to avoid it. If I wasn't doing that it was very slight. After the adjustment I couldn't feel it at all and couldn't make it happen. I had also just checked my tire and fork pressure to make sure there were no other causes.

Latest posts

Back