Stock exhaust mod - carb question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these the little spacers that I`ve heard about ?
I`m still kinda afraid to get into the carbs , I don`t want to screw anything up.<<Dave>>

If you don't want to screw anything up, and your Max runs fine, your best bet is to leave the airbox alone!

'If it ain't broke don't fix it!' :clapping:

If you don't want to screw anything up, and your Max runs fine, your best bet is to leave the airbox alone!

'If it ain't broke don't fix it!' :clapping:
yeah the kid at the yama dealer did it (took off the "Y" cover) and re adjusted the A/F screws out and the over heating problem went away and Max runs like a bomb and got a little bit louder (actualy quite a bit louder)but only 90 miles to a tank full.:ummm:
I sure would like to fix that though.

more performance = less gas.

Take your pick - you could put the Y back and the A/F screws back in by a turn, and you would maybe gain 5 mpg but lose noise and a little speed.

Also, depending on how you ride it, 90 miles may not be so bad to one tank.

Actually, I was referring to spacer the "Y" section a little bit and not completely remove it. The sync is not set to a specific amount of turns but rather to best idle. Each screw setting may or may not even be the same. You will need to sync the carbs when you are done.

Sean

Actually, I was referring to spacer the "Y" section a little bit and not completely remove it. The sync is not set to a specific amount of turns but rather to best idle. Each screw setting may or may not even be the same. You will need to sync the carbs when you are done.

Sean
Oh I know what you were talking about but Mark said something about air correctors and I heard about the needle shims so, I was wondering if those were what he was talking about but I was also wondering about spacing the "Y" cover like how high should I space it `cause it runs good now but if I get the150 jets how many turns do set the mixture screws to in or out ??:ummm:
<<Dave>>

more performance = less gas.

Take your pick - you could put the Y back and the A/F screws back in by a turn, and you would maybe gain 5 mpg but lose noise and a little speed.

Also, depending on how you ride it, 90 miles may not be so bad to one tank.
Wow!! tough choice LOL.
I think I`ll just deal with the gas pump for now.
I don`t want to choke my little monster but, Sean also has a good point I just might try his idea too soon and compare the results. On the other hand I am saving up for a 1500 engine too.:eusa_dance:that will fix everything heh heh.
<<Dave>>

Wow!! tough choice LOL.
I think I`ll just deal with the gas pump for now.
I don`t want to choke my little monster but, Sean also has a good point I just might try his idea too soon and compare the results. On the other hand I am saving up for a 1500 engine too.:eusa_dance:that will fix everything heh heh.
<<Dave>>

Don't mean to be an ass, but if your saving up for a 1500, why bother dinking around with the current motor. Your just wasting time and money.
Plus if your not going to change the exhaust, everything else is just a waste of time. I've seen several guys go through all kinds of mods, but they are never satisfied with the outcome until they get the exhaust upgraded.
Focus Man... Focus!!!!
Do the job right or don't bother doing it at all, is my moto.

Don't mean to be an ass, but if your saving up for a 1500, why bother dinking around with the current motor. Your just wasting time and money.
Plus if your not going to change the exhaust, everything else is just a waste of time. I've seen several guys go through all kinds of mods, but they are never satisfied with the outcome until they get the exhaust upgraded.
Focus Man... Focus!!!!
Do the job right or don't bother doing it at all, is my moto.

Well I`ll tell you why, Because I`ve got some free time on my hands .
I work at home and I have always been a tinkerer.
I love working on my bike and doing things to make it go faster, run and look better.:biglaugh: and besides I`m not wasting money because most of the mods I did were really cheap or borrowed from my old honda I have rotting in the tool shed. Picture a stock 2000 vmax and then look at my gallery, with the help and advice of the experts on this site my max has come a hellofa long way this winter.:punk:
and besides it`s going to be a while before I can come up with $6,000.00 to toss out on an engine and and a new exhaust system and, I plan on keeping mine.
So to me it`s not a waste of time it`s a fun hobby that I can reap the fruits of my labor.(of love)
Now do you get it ? When I do get the 1500 I will have a ballsy 1200 engine also so, I win twice !!!
A wise man once said"If you enjoy what you are doing then it aint work ".Focus !!!
and thats my moto. Have you forgotten what REAL fun is ???>
<<Dave>>:clapping:

Well I`ll tell you why, Because I`ve got some free time on my hands .
I work at home and I have always been a tinkerer.
I love working on my bike and doing things to make it go faster, run and look better.:biglaugh: and besides I`m not wasting money because most of the mods I did were really cheap or borrowed from my old honda I have rotting in the tool shed. Picture a stock 2000 vmax and then look at my gallery, with the help and advice of the experts on this site my max has come a hellofa long way this winter.:punk:
and besides it`s going to be a while before I can come up with $6,000.00 to toss out on an engine and and a new exhaust system and, I plan on keeping mine.
So to me it`s not a waste of time it`s a fun hobby that I can reap the fruits of my labor.(of love)
Now do you get it ? When I do get the 1500 I will have a ballsy 1200 engine also so, I win twice !!!
A wise man once said"If you enjoy what you are doing then it aint work ".Focus !!!
and thats my moto. Have you forgotten what REAL fun is ???>
<<Dave>>:clapping:

Real Fun is riding it like you stole it! LOL
Didn't mean to poke a nerve Dave!
I was just throwing out my 2 bits on the subject. Sorry if it came out the wrong way!
It's all good!!!

Latest posts

Back