Stop!... Dynotime... doo, doo doo doo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
OK how many of you, now have that "can't touch this" tune in thier head. and were singing along. Chris? lol j/k BTW, sweet numbers mang!

I have an appointment on July 14th for some dyno time. For some reason the shop won't allow the squeeze on the dyno so the numbers will be all motor. Its a pretty good deal, for $90 I'm getting 4 pulls with some tweak time in between.

I'll post the numbers and sheets when I get them.

OK how many of you, now have that "can't touch this" tune in thier head. and were singing along. Chris? lol j/k BTW, sweet numbers mang!

I have an appointment on July 14th for some dyno time. For some reason the shop won't allow the squeeze on the dyno so the numbers will be all motor. Its a pretty good deal, for $90 I'm getting 4 pulls with some tweak time in between.

I'll post the numbers and sheets when I get them.

Mitchell has the same basic setup as you (minus juice) and pulled 116 at Topeka and he was a bit fat on top I believe.

There's your competition... :biglaugh:

Mitchell has the same basic setup as you (minus juice) and pulled 116 at Topeka and he was a bit fat on top I believe.

There's your competition... :biglaugh:

It's hard to keep up witht the Vmax hardcores:worthy:

I was actually pretty happy:biglaugh:. Supertrapps w/6 dics. K&N filter and no jet kit, just tuned stock carbs. 116 hp & 80 ft lbs. I think I got one to work with. Morley scared the shit out of me though. Right as my bike is strapped in and ready to go he decides to say. Did ya re-jet? I say no, but I did adjust the pilots. So Sean proceeds to tell me that there was a guy several years back running the same setup that floated the valves from running too rich. I'm thinkin SOB, now ya tell me.:bang head:

Actually, I have an 06 I am in the process of repairing that has 7500 miles on it. He had supertrapps on the bike and it looks to me like it was a combination of being too rich (from not downsizing the jets) and some factory assemble errors. The rear two pistons scored the cylinder walls very heavily. We are currently boring out the block to make it a 1261 as well as some other mods while we are in there. Got most of the parts ready right now but waiting on the block to get bored.

We are also working with our local dealer to try and get this warrantied by Yamaha but it was 4 months out when it happened. His local dealer tried to tell him it was leaned out by his exhaust which was complete B.S. - they have the same problem in thinking that most do when aftermarket headers/slip-ons are installed.

I don't think I have seen one yet that went lean. They always go rich. Even worse when you put stage 1 jet kits most of the time.

Sean Morley

Actually, I have an 06 I am in the process of repairing that has 7500 miles on it. He had supertrapps on the bike and it looks to me like it was a combination of being too rich (from not downsizing the jets) and some factory assemble errors. The rear two pistons scored the cylinder walls very heavily. We are currently boring out the block to make it a 1261 as well as some other mods while we are in there. Got most of the parts ready right now but waiting on the block to get bored.

We are also working with our local dealer to try and get this warrantied by Yamaha but it was 4 months out when it happened. His local dealer tried to tell him it was leaned out by his exhaust which was complete B.S. - they have the same problem in thinking that most do when aftermarket headers/slip-ons are installed.

I don't think I have seen one yet that went lean. They always go rich. Even worse when you put stage 1 jet kits most of the time.

Sean Morley

With the scoring with low miles I wonder if someone didnt change the oil after breaking it in. So as long as I change to the 147 mains I should be good to go?

With the scoring with low miles I wonder if someone didnt change the oil after breaking it in. So as long as I change to the 147 mains I should be good to go?

As long as you stay away from 140mph again...:rofl_200:

Yea, just change the mains and I think it will be fine. It should crispen it up a bit as well as help overall economy and power.

Sean

with an 06 completely stock is the stock jetting ok..i notice in the cooler weather the front end pops right up as high as you want to take it..warmer weather dosnt seem to have the same snap so i assume thats set up a little rich maked more power with cooler weather

with an 06 completely stock is the stock jetting ok..i notice in the cooler weather the front end pops right up as high as you want to take it..warmer weather doesn't seem to have the same snap so i assume thats set up a little rich marked more power with cooler weather

113, Vmaxes love cooler weather.....almost like a cold air intake on an car. I usually adjust my mixture screws when it gets cooler in the fall and then turn them back out when higher temps arrive in spring. Never more than 1/4 - 1/2 turn though. Other than that, you should be fine.

113, Vmaxes love cooler weather.....almost like a cold air intake on an car. I usually adjust my mixture screws when it gets cooler in the fall and then turn them back out when higher temps arrive in spring. Never more than 1/4 - 1/2 turn though. Other than that, you should be fine.
i would think it would be the other way around richen up in cool and lean in hotter weather .. thanks for that info had mine 2 1/2 in fall winter and 2 in summer

i would think it would be the other way around richen up in cool and lean in hotter weather .. thanks for that info had mine 2 1/2 in fall winter and 2 in summer

Cool weather equals denser air,which means more air for the same amount of "flow" pulling gas from the jets..makes it lean...and faster...:eusa_dance:

lost count 6 8 pulls one after another with no break......was there adjustments between pulls

Back