strange thing this am hmmmmm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
Well it was 6:30 I warm up bike to take wife to work(she rather go on bike instead of her truck) I go to take off and ot Oh no clutch. So I open master it's full dirty but full so I'm thinking broke my clutch spring? Well I decide to open bleeder and bam out come a big air bubble. So I blessed master cracked bleeder twice got 2 big burps of air then fluid. My clutch is hard again and working fine. What made this happen over night? Was fine yesterday makes you wonder. Has this ever happend to anyone?

I can barely understand what you say... probably a leak that got air in the line?

You either have a small leak Wayno, or there was recent work done before you bought the bike. Check the banjo bolt at the master and make sure its tight along with the rest of the connections. Small air bubbles can be difficult to get out, but not impossible, without a mighty-vac and will effect operation. It would be a good idea to flush out that dirty fluid, and get all the air out at the same time. Chances are the brakes need the same attention. Brake fluid turns to crap after a couple of seasons. I try to change fluid at least every other year.
Steve

Last edited:
I had this issue recently. It turned out that the clutch slave needed to be rebuilt. I would bleed it completely and it would be good for a couple of weeks, but suddenly for no reason it would magically get air in the slave cylinder. The seals were worn significantly and the cylinder had some minor pitting. New seals and a little 600 grit fixed it right up. Since I was going to have to do a complete bleed of the system, I just went ahead and did the master cyl. too. Found a lot of trash and corrosion in there. I would definitely check all of the hose connections first, though. Always start with the easiest/cheapest fixes.

I had this issue recently. It turned out that the clutch slave needed to be rebuilt. I would bleed it completely and it would be good for a couple of weeks, but suddenly for no reason it would magically get air in the slave cylinder. The seals were worn significantly and the cylinder had some minor pitting. New seals and a little 600 grit fixed it right up. Since I was going to have to do a complete bleed of the system, I just went ahead and did the master cyl. too. Found a lot of trash and corrosion in there. I would definitely check all of the hose connections first, though. Always start with the easiest/cheapest fixes.

Definitely has a issue I need to find. This weekend I am going to bleed brakes n clutch change fluids.

When the slave seals start to go out, there is almost never a fluid leak to the outside. Usually it will just allow air INTO the slave cylinder and never leak a drop of fluid.

Latest posts

Back