Stretching out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanMax

Reaction score
Got my taxes back this year and of course, It all goes in to the Max a few Emails to Sean Morley and a 6" stretched swing arm was delivered! The max was stuffed in a shed with my fathers bikes so my girlfriend told me i should put it in the bedroom at our apartment to work on it. How lucky am I? Kinda cramped but it works! As of now the swing arm is installed, the wheel was just set in the hub to show what its going to look like. Tail light has to go and i may have to do something with the fender. What do you think?
Zak

Attachments

• DSCN0324.jpg
    DSCN0324.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN0293.jpg
    DSCN0293.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN0323.jpg
    DSCN0323.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 260
Love the vmax in the bedroom look.
Sounds like you got a keeper!
Is it 6" or 3" over? Looks good.

Its 6" over and is underbraced. Hey Danny! can't wait to see how it does on the strip. Gunning for low 1.5 60 foot times. Keeping the front down was my biggest issue but that shouldn't be a problem now:eusa_dance:

Its 6" over and is underbraced. Hey Danny! can't wait to see how it does on the strip. Gunning for low 1.5 60 foot times. Keeping the front down was my biggest issue but that shouldn't be a problem now:eusa_dance:

Yeah, the front should stay pretty well planted I would 'spect! :punk:

Let me know when opening night is please, I'd love to be there for the 'maiden voyage'! :biglaugh:

Hope to make it there in person Zak, let us know when the first race/ test & tune is ,And yes a GF that invites the "other woman" into the badroom is a keeper:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Looks good Zak...
I thought i heard somewhere that you cant fit a stock rear fender with a 6" over arm :ummm:
Apparently i must be wrong cause it fits for you

3" over is all we normally recommend. If he gets the light and inner parts out of there it may work except on hard bumps.

Sean

When my 3 over was done I had clearance issues and to make it work We slotted the mounting holes on the grab rail. That allowed the rear fender to be lifted enough to clear.Might help on yours:confused2:

I removed the taillight and metal part from under the fender and it looks like just hits the little tabs that the tail light mounts to. Had my girlfriend sit on the back with me and bounce on it while my stepson checked to see what would hit. Think if i trim those tabs off ill be set. I have Works shocks in the back that are stock lenghth but i think they have less travel then stock. Will put us some more pics soon:punk:
Zak

Few more pics. Brake caliper is mounted under the arm.

Attachments

• DSCN0741.jpg
    DSCN0741.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0742.jpg
    DSCN0742.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0746.jpg
    DSCN0746.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 91
Looks great Zak, and kudos to your GF for making room for your other love! You should be able control that front wheel lift on launches now! Good luck this season!
I am going to a 3" stretch, moving the shock mounts forward but will still lose a little ground clearance I think. I run 13" HD 440 shocks so I should be ok. To be sure I'm removing the inner fender and redoing my tail light/ plate setup to lighten and make it fit tighter to the fender.

Looks great Zak, and kudos to your GF for making room for your other love! You should be able control that front wheel lift on launches now! Good luck this season!
I am going to a 3" stretch, moving the shock mounts forward but will still lose a little ground clearance I think. I run 13" HD 440 shocks so I should be ok. To be sure I'm removing the inner fender and redoing my tail light/ plate setup to lighten and make it fit tighter to the fender.

Wow Brian, Redbone is getting a make over this year huh? swingarm, shocks, radials... cant wait to see it in person! :punk:

Wow Brian, Redbone is getting a make over this year huh? swingarm, shocks, radials... cant wait to see it in person! :punk:
Nah, not really, I already had the shocks!:rofl_200:
I cannot wait to see it either! I'm just trying to keep up with both you and Rick. Well, not so much Rick and Percie, but maybe his Mabel! :biglaugh:

Nah, not really, I already had the shocks!:rofl_200:
I cannot wait to see it either! I'm just trying to keep up with both you and Rick. Well, not so much Rick and Percie, but maybe his Mabel! :biglaugh:

Mable is retired(and I dont mean she got new treads) she lives quietly in the corner waiting to be fitted with the next customers MAXGASSER. Now Percie on the other hand........................shes a diffrent kinda girl, Im still feeling her out, but I should have a handle on her by june.

Back