Stretching out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing. I really am going to want to get my arm extended too down the road. What size tire do you have back there?

Looks amazing. I really am going to want to get my arm extended too down the road. What size tire do you have back there?

It looks like Zak is running a Shinko Tourmaster 170/80v15.
Yes it is a Shinko. Cheap and very sticky! And the way it mounts up you dont have to move the washer between the rear end and the wheel. Alot of clearance on both sides. Currently working on the brake bar, looks like it needs to be trimmed up a little bit to work. Keep you posted!

Very nice.

The reason I thought it was so big was the 15" wheel. I eventually want a bigger tire, but really do love the thick look of the tire on the 15 inch wheel.

Guess I should say sumthin, especially since I am am pretty sure I know that swingarm very well:biglaugh:, you will have to soften up the preload on the shock quite a bit when launching at the strip. With the bike stretched that far you change the weight bias quite a bit to the front (hence why they don't wheelie as much) and will lose traction on the rear tire.

That isn't the same arm (though the same person made it lol). It's similar to what you had. You are correct that a softer shock will help transfer the load.

Sean

Guess I should say sumthin, especially since I am am pretty sure I know that swingarm very well:biglaugh:, you will have to soften up the preload on the shock quite a bit when launching at the strip. With the bike stretched that far you change the weight bias quite a bit to the front (hence why they don't wheelie as much) and will lose traction on the rear tire.
Thanks for the advice Jim!

I was just getting ready to say that I hope it doesn't spin now... 6" is alot of stretch, definitely should stay with the Shinko and as soon as funds allow I'd get a different wheel and a bit bigger of a tire back there, a 17" wheel with a 200/50-17" Shinko ultrasoft would hook up good but if I remember your times right that would probably put you into 5'th gear through the traps..

Girlfriend lets you put your VMAX in the apartment let alone the bedroom. Sorry not to but in and push you to the side. But I wanna ask her to marry me! :eek:)

Whoa! Been a while since i updated this! The 6 over swing arm is the best mod i have made, in a racing standpoint. As far as times, it runs exactly the same as a perfect launch when it wasn't stretched, EVERY time! My Max has about 130 HP and can launch at any RPM without wheelieing. tested at 8000 rpm, although i don't really recommend it :biglaugh: Cornering is greatly reduced, but if your stretching your Max it shouldn't matter. still does pretty good and if anything feels more stable in long sweepers. Down side is loss of traction on hard launches on the street. On the track is a different story unless your going crazy when the track isn't preped perfect :bang head: Spins, but goes straight while doing it:rofl_200: Currently undefeated in my class at Lebanon Valley this year! Love My Morleys Muscle swing arm!

Attachments

• DSCN2070.jpg
    DSCN2070.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN2157.jpg
    DSCN2157.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN4205.JPG
    DSCN4205.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 51
I can't wait to come back up there this year Zak. I had a blast last year. I got to ride the
back roads of that area with Dan-o, then see you race at Labenon Vally. I'm ready for a repeat on both.
Steve

noob question:

does extending the swing arm lower the stance of the bike?

Yes, that is if you don't relocate the rear shocks or use longer shocks.

But you have to love a good stretch :punk:

88360641572224185333718.jpg

esperlow.jpg

Back