strike two for delkevic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
So delkevic hooked me up with a set of engine case gards at a great price because the baffles dident fit the mufflers that i bought from them. And now the case gard that goes on the right side of bike has a spacer for the bolt that bolts the frame togather and the spacer is 3/8" to long. After scratching my head for 20 min and getting no where with delkevic on the phone i decided that delkevic fucked up again. And i was right delkevic wanted a picture emailed and i said give me your cell number and i will text it right now and he wouldent give it to me. He also kept trying to blame me for not installing it right. He kept talking down to me so i told him to have a nice day and got off the phone. I cut 3/8" off the spacer and its installed. I think the welds could have been cleaner but all in all im ok with them. But i dont think i will deal with delkevic anymore do to the way i was treated and the time it took me to fix delkevics fuck ups.

Attachments

• 2013-06-07_16-48-23_544.jpg
    2013-06-07_16-48-23_544.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 118
3/8" chunk

Attachments

• 2013-06-07_17-27-00_171.jpg
    2013-06-07_17-27-00_171.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 63
I bought same set. I didn't realize spacer being to long I bought a longer bolt and it fit fine. Never called them because I didn't want to deal with it lol!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info, atleast bringing this up will prevent others from running into the same issues.

Thats what the forum is for. I just went out and checked and cutting 3/8" off put the case saver right on and it looks good. A longer bolt wouldent of worked for me.

He said the baffle should fit tight. So i said what about the other baffle it dont fit tight. I dont want to make a big deal out of this i just want members to know what to watch out for. Anx maybe think about what else is offered.

Customer service goes a very long way when it comes to keeping a customer and getting return business.
Talking down to or blaming the customer never gets a business anywhere good.

Thats how i feel chad. I called them for help and to let them know that the parts that i got wont work. The treatment i got for doing that pissed me off the most.

Can't tell from the pic well but the OEM guards used a bushing that was a little more then 1/2" long and came with a new bolt.

Sean

Sean the pic is what i cut off and this pic is what i installed and its about a half inch or so. some of it is recessed into the frame where the frame gets bolted togather. I dident get it perfectly flat so that worries me a little. I think it will be ok but a piss me off if you know what i mean. When i tried to tell the guy to send me a spacer that was the right size so it would be perfect he started telling me that i was wrong and that i must be installing it wrong. He even said that it sounds like im installing it on the wrong side of the bike.

Attachments

• 2013-06-08_04-54-05_893.jpg
    2013-06-08_04-54-05_893.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 55
When i installed it without cutting the spacer the two other holes dident sit flat. It was at to much of a angle. I couldent even get the bolts to start. The cross member is all ready a tight fit for the bolts whan every thing lines up. No directions or pics of how to install. If directions gave a list of parts and size i would have known right away.

" The customer is always right ". This old adage doesn't always apply , as there are people who will try and beat you out of your money. There are also professionals who will try and convince you that there is nothing wrong in the product they designed but never installed or replaced one , or you aren't installing it correctly or there is a manuf. defect in the design etc. , etc. ad nauseam .

Treat your customer with respect , go the extra mile when you can , and treat the customer as you would like to be treated as a customer . You can't make everyone happy. ( Ask my wife how I know ).

Looks about right now. A little bit of an angle in the spacer isn't going to hurt anything either.

Sean

Sean the pic is what i cut off and this pic is what i installed and its about a half inch or so. some of it is recessed into the frame where the frame gets bolted togather. I dident get it perfectly flat so that worries me a little. I think it will be ok but a piss me off if you know what i mean. When i tried to tell the guy to send me a spacer that was the right size so it would be perfect he started telling me that i was wrong and that i must be installing it wrong. He even said that it sounds like im installing it on the wrong side of the bike.
Like Sean said I don't think you have anything to worry about, the spacer looks fine. It's an easy enough part to take off at a future date to square up if needed. I know what you mean when parts don't just fit properly, but that is some of the challenge we face as Vmax owners. If all parts bolted on easy what fun would that be?:biglaugh:

I installed these on my bike & used a spare bushing kicking around as the one supplied was too long as well...wasn't an issue for me since I had an option lying around, but could be if you are relying on them to provide the right parts for the job.

Latest posts

Back