Supertrapp end caps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i first picked up my bike it didn't have any disks or end caps on the exhaust... it is much much louder! idle isnt' bad but anytime on the throttle it really is loud... probably quite illegally b/c i think its almost like no muffler...

i think its kind of neat to be able to effectively take off your muffler whenever you want, but with riding with no endcaps i'd keep mine on all the time and save my $55 but thats my $.02.

when i first picked up my bike it didn't have any disks or end caps on the exhaust... it is much much louder! idle isnt' bad but anytime on the throttle it really is loud... probably quite illegally b/c i think its almost like no muffler...

i think its kind of neat to be able to effectively take off your muffler whenever you want, but with riding with no endcaps i'd keep mine on all the time and save my $55 but thats my $.02.

Thanks Garrett. Probably the only time I would ever open them up would be at those loud ass biker rallies and poker runs where everyone is loud compared to you. If you know what I mean?

Thanks Garrett. Probably the only time I would ever open them up would be at those loud ass biker rallies and poker runs where everyone is loud compared to you. If you know what I mean?

i follow...

i thought it was a bit obnoxious without the caps. i commute at 7-7:30 in the morning and don't think everyone wants to hear me going to work, so i try to be a bit polite to my neighbors esp since i let it warm up with a bit of choke, it was pretty bad.

however i was going to say for something like that it might be cool. i guess the question is then, is $55 worth it for an easy change out? i would ask myself:

a. how much better do they look than without any caps/disks?
b. how long does it take to just take out the 6 bolts quick with a powerdrill and an allenhead driver?

know what i'm sayin?

i follow...

i thought it was a bit obnoxious without the caps. i commute at 7-7:30 in the morning and don't think everyone wants to hear me going to work, so i try to be a bit polite to my neighbors esp since i let it warm up with a bit of choke, it was pretty bad.

however i was going to say for something like that it might be cool. i guess the question is then, is $55 worth it for an easy change out? i would ask myself:

a. how much better do they look than without any caps/disks?
b. how long does it take to just take out the 6 bolts quick with a powerdrill and an allenhead driver?

know what i'm sayin?

Yep, all good points. Guess I need to take the end caps off to finalize my decision.

Yep, all good points. Guess I need to take the end caps off to finalize my decision.

yea definitely hear it first too! there are some guys here alot more mechanically inclined than me, and i dont' think it affects too much or if it all, but it may affect power/performance. need one of the senior guys to answer that..

I actually run these. They don't seem to affect the power any, I was just looking for it to be a little louder.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...Id=203&productId=p44311&leafCatId=20302&mmyId=

I liked the ones you are looking at just couldn't spend over $100 for a pair of end caps.

how much louder are they?

i guess if you wanted to be able to switch to open/ somewhat open and closed end caps just to buy an open and a closed set you are at the cost of the adjustable ones...

Has anybody tried and or use these on their trapps? If so, whats your opinion on power loss, sound level, are they worth it, etc. Thanks!

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...203&productId=p4402588&leafCatId=20302&mmyId=

It would be interesting to hear. I wonder if it would have an oddball "pop" to it breathing through to smaller holes than the one larger like other open endcaps.

I like my pipes to look "finished" so to speak like my old 4-1 trapp setup I had, so I run with many discs and these endcaps.

Attachments

• tail2.jpg
    tail2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 52
  • tail3.jpg
    tail3.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Swingarm3.jpg
    Swingarm3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 51
It would be interesting to hear. I wonder if it would have an oddball "pop" to it breathing through to smaller holes than the one larger like other open endcaps.

I like my pipes to look "finished" so to speak like my old 4-1 trapp setup I had, so I run with many discs and these endcaps.

I wondered the same thing about the pop and noticed the end caps you run as well. You're right, they look nice and finished.

I wondered the same thing about the pop and noticed the end caps you run as well. You're right, they look nice and finished.

i def like KJ's endcaps.. hell i think his bike is awesome as a blacked out one....

i got the cheapo-end caps... probably could throw some high temp exhaust spray paint on them eh? i'd probably do flat black to match my pipes

Talkin endcaps here, anybody see the ones one ebay for the stock exhaust? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/moto...ryZ35596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I think they look real nice and make the stockers look pretty decent but for a buy it now price of $230 + ??:jerk it:. IMO its not worth putting any $ in the stockers, just found these and thought they looked cool but just cant believe the price for what they are.

Talkin endcaps here, anybody see the ones one ebay for the stock exhaust? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/moto...ryZ35596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I think they look real nice and make the stockers look pretty decent but for a buy it now price of $230 + ??:jerk it:. IMO its not worth putting any $ in the stockers, just found these and thought they looked cool but just cant believe the price for what they are.

looks good... definitely... worth the money?? no fuckin way.. thats like 1/2 - 2/3 of a supertrapp slipon cost.!!

He is a user on this forum but he hasn't been on for a while.

Those running supertraps how many discs do you have on and whats the difference that you know of?

Latest posts

Back