Supertrapps with 8 discs and no discs or caps video

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so on a normal setup... how many disc on each side should i run?

thanks,
sid

Sid,
For Stock Jetted Carbs, 6-8 discs per side with closed caps works well for most people.
I ran 8 discs with closed caps but am now running Open Caps with No Discs and I like the sound a lot better. :)

i have 14 per side in mine....its rather obnoxous but i love it:rofl_200:

6 discs is pretty quiet, maybe just a tad louder than a stock exhaust.

8 gives a decent bark but is still reasonable. Loud enough to get noticed by cars but not so loud as to be annoying to listen to on the highway.

Each disc adds another round "sliver" of opening. More discs/more openings/more noise.

You can get open end caps, which I remember hearing somewhere are "equal" to 6 discs. Or just use no caps at all, though for a stock-ish bike I'd think a total lack of backpressure would adversely affect performance.

Not sure, but I thought the no cap felt like a slight loss of midrange. But it could just be imagined as the bike ran just as fast with and without end caps at the dragstrip.

I ride it without end caps and will soon be going to UFO slash cuts I believe, which will be louder.

Todd

I had SuperTrapps with no discs or caps when i got my Max. I thought it was too loud, sounded great though!. So I bought (direct from SuperTrapp) 1 set = 16 discs (8/side) closed end caps and hardware for around $85 */+.
Ended up taking them of this summer..... just sounds better.

So I just installed mine can someone tell me if they come with clamps? Mine didn't and honestly it fits so tight I don't see why it will need one. So if I take disc out will it quiet up?

One good tip is put anti sees on before hammering. Makes it go on easier. Use a floor jack to jack the inner pipe and pry bar to pull outer bar down. Damn that stocker was heavy.

So I just installed mine can someone tell me if they come with clamps? Mine didn't and honestly it fits so tight I don't see why it will need one. So if I take disc out will it quiet up?

One good tip is put anti sees on before hammering. Makes it go on easier. Use a floor jack to jack the inner pipe and pry bar to pull outer bar down. Damn that stocker was heavy.

man i wonder how quiet the exhaust would be if you had 1 disc and just a cap. i wonder would you be losing any power up top.

man i wonder how quiet the exhaust would be if you had 1 disc and just a cap. i wonder would you be losing any power up top.
prolly wouldnt run well at all.....i think 6 disks is a minimum. any less is kinda restrictive JMO.....but heck give it atry!!! put an allen key on a drill an go to town.:biglaugh:

put an allen key on a drill an go to town.:biglaugh:

+1 when i had my supertrapps this made life a lot easier! crack 'em loose with a key then put a driver on a drill. those are some long bolts!

I would think that would be way too restrictive.
I wouldn't think any less than 4 discs would work very well and 6 is probably better.

Back