Suzuki.... WTF

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
"It is no secret that a redesigned 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 is on its way … the only question is just how closely it will it resemble the concept shown by Suzuki last year at INTERMOT. We suspect it will closely follow the concept when the production model is unveiled this fall in Milan. So here are more photos of that concept, along with information about the expected production spec..... "

FFS if it looks anything like this I'm going to puke.
A chicken on two wheels

Attachments

• suzuki.jpg
    suzuki.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 22-chicken-rex.jpg
    22-chicken-rex.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 35
Not crazy about the color scheme, but I like the look, I like the BMS GS1200 + bikes & the Ducati Multistrada. These are do it all bikes which can take a tip-over w/o costing thousands of dollars to fix.

Yes th red does make it look like a rooster if you let your imagination take-over.

Suzuki doesn't want to mess with the Vstrom too much, they have a winner with that line and should leave well enough alone! The "Vee" as it's called has it's detractors(mostly from the little brothers "Wee" camp) that the "Vee" is overkill, as the little brother will do everything it's sibling can but only knock is it's long distance legs. Here is a picture of the current model:
vstrom7vc.jpg
I'm still a Yamaha Super Tenere fan and when the prices come down to where I can afford one I will own one.

I saw a Grey '07 at the local stealer yesterday . It had about 30K on it , but no indication of any miles at all / no scratches or dents , for $6 K. If I delete something in the barn , I would seriously consider this one. :punk:

That thing is hideous....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I see what Jedi means, KJ, you should photoshop chicken feet as a center stand. Lol and you can't say the front of that fairing doesn't look like a beak!

Meh... Was never really interested in the V-Strom to begin with, and I do agree about the chicken look. If I was to get a Suzuki, I would rather get an SV-1000, a Busa, or a B-King.

What is the point of the beak? It already has a front fender so why the beak? It is ugly and I am a fan of the Vstrom.

What is the point of the beak? It already has a front fender so why the beak? It is ugly and I am a fan of the Vstrom.

I think Suzuki had finally realized what many of the Vstroms fans have known for years. That the Vstrom is an excellent dual purpose/adventure bike. Meaning many riders prefer not to run a close fitting fender.

They made provisions to allow that.
Ducati Hypermotard and Aprilia Dorsoduro aren't so different in that respect. Both of them have a beak too.

Its always reminded me of the black spy white spy comics.

I think it looks ok.

Just don't throw some bread crumbs in front of it whilst riding, it will bend over and start pecking at them throwing you off.

Meh... Was never really interested in the V-Strom to begin with, and I do agree about the chicken look. If I was to get a Suzuki, I would rather get an SV-1000, a Busa, or a B-King.
It is a compromise that is for sure, as all adventure touring bikes are. The Strom actually does the compromise pretty well, dependent on your setup of course.

I think Suzuki had finally realized what many of the Vstroms fans have known for years. That the Vstrom is an excellent dual purpose/adventure bike. Meaning many riders prefer not to run a close fitting fender.

They made provisions to allow that.
Ducati Hypermotard and Aprilia Dorsoduro aren't so different in that respect. Both of them have a beak too.

Its always reminded me of the black spy white spy comics.

I think it looks ok.

Wow, another recent mention of Antonio Prohias' Mad Magazine strip, "Spy Vs. Spy!" Looks like I started something, or at least prompted some memories in some of the members.

http://www.angelfire.com/hi/SpyVsSpy/

spyvsspy9.gif

If you like the Vstorm & your short,you can forget about it.Or any other adventure bike for that matter.:confused2:

Hell, if your like me, you can forget about the newer supersport bikes as well. Some of them, are at a 32+ seatheight, and with my 30" legs and only weigh 130lbs, I cannot sit onone and lift it off its sidestand.
twilightoops.png

Back