Swapping out UFO

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregoryuw

Reaction score
Hey guys , I picked up a kerker exhaust and going to swap out the dragster ... eventually ... its really loud and puts a grin on my face ... LOL
I'm sure the bike I picked up was a user on this site , Dave Lee ... it was a 2007 and have the dyno sheet 132 at UFO ...
I picked up a Kerker K jet coated brand new from my buddies shop , its still in the box just wondering how does the kerker bolt up on these machines .
Right now has the dragster exhaust , I did see a post about cutting the center stand , I have yet to take a look under my bike yet to see it anything was cut away for the dragster exhaust .

Thanks guys

Let me know if you wanna sell the UFO.

Kerker install is pretty straightforward. You will have to cut the tabs off the frame that holds the center stand. They should still be there. There is no need to remove them with the UFO.

Do us all a favor (and I might even help cover some of the cost). Get a local dyno to get the reading you currently have and a reading with the kerker after the swap.

Sean

Do us all a favor (and I might even help cover some of the cost). Get a local dyno to get the reading you currently have and a reading with the kerker after the swap.

Sean

Please ............... we need this info for reference material comparing the two.

Will do on the dyno , my best friend owns a kawi dealer with a dyno . I'm not sure when I will get around to the swap .
How well dose the kerker fit , I did see a post witht a user who dented up his pipe while trying to install ... the white tip jet coated pipe is purdy .

Will do on the dyno , my best friend owns a kawi dealer with a dyno . I'm not sure when I will get around to the swap .
How well dose the kerker fit , I did see a post witht a user who dented up his pipe while trying to install ... the white tip jet coated pipe is purdy .

Its probably the most common pipe for the vmax. Its pretty rare to hear anyone complain about fitting it up. I've heard more complaints about the UFO fit than any other pipe. Odd, some guys say its fits fine, some say they had issues.

My ufo fits like a glove. I installed it by myself.

I got mine at the shop waiting to be Dynoed and Jetted..Best sound I've heard. Dont care much for certain "hollow" sounds. I'll let you know when she's finished Mike! We'll see how long I can go as my neighborhood alarm clock!! No more being pushed out of my lane I'll bet! Jon gave me a smokin deal including Shipping all the way to Canada! Less than half the weight as the original Boat Anchor. Will complement my new Bars, shorty signals and National FlyScreen. Added a bit of color with Red Samco hoses as well!

I changed from the ufo to the kerker w the comp baffle and made no changes. Runs lime a champ

Latest posts

Back