Swing arm length

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdk203

Reaction score
I've been thinking lately and Im just curious exactly how much my swingarm is extended. I didn't get a lot of good detail when I bought the bike. The previous owner was a bit out there and had not done all the work himself so he was pretty useless for details. I have slowly been discovering what mods the bike has by reading on here. But what I was wondering is can someone simply measure the swingarm? Also just tell me where you referenced the length. I'm guessing mine is 3" longer but if you want look at my pictures and take a guess go for it.

Thanks, Jason

Looks stock to me. A 3" extended arm has a gap visible when looking at the side of the bike between the front of the back tire and the fuel tank area. You can see right through. Get me pics of the swingarm up closer.

Sean

could it be stretched and lowered? that tire is sitting awful well in the fender?

One of the things I noticed is it is sitting very low (short 412 progressives for sure). At least 11.5" or shorter. The other thing is the shock angle. Unless there is a relocation bracket for the differential side the shocks are very close to the stock angle. Even the relocation brackets don't move them all the way back to stock position.

There are some pictures of the 3" and other arms on our website if you want to compare them.

Sean

Ok I have the info you've all been waiting for....j/k. So the shocks measure 11" under load they are "progressive suspension" thats the brand I guess? The swing arm measures pretty close to 22 1/4" from center to center. I took a few shots there kinda crappy quality as I took them with a cell phone but just to give you a little better look at it. The first one is the rh shock mount, then the lh, then an underview of the bracing on the swing arm.

Attachments

• rh shock mount.jpg
    rh shock mount.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 28
  • lh shock mount.jpg
    lh shock mount.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 27
  • underview of swingarm.jpg
    underview of swingarm.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 27
Ok I have the info you've all been waiting for....j/k. So the shocks measure 11" under load they are "progressive suspension" thats the brand I guess? The swing arm measures pretty close to 22 1/4" from center to center. I took a few shots there kinda crappy quality as I took them with a cell phone but just to give you a little better look at it. The first one is the rh shock mount, then the lh, then an underview of the bracing on the swing arm.

measure from the swingarm pivot point to the rear axle. then we can compare.

Def looks modified but hard to tell. 2-3 inches is what I would say.

Sean

measure from the swingarm pivot point to the rear axle. then we can compare.

Yeah I did, 22 1/4" from center to center.

Sean,

Its braced at the least but the length looks modified too. Thats why I always took it for extended.

Thanks guys

Can someone with a stock swingarm just take a quick measurement next time theyre near the bike and let me know the length?

I just ran out to the garage and measured approx from the center of the pivot joint to the approx center of the axle it was not quite 19" +/- .25" I want to say 18-3/4"

So it looks like your +3

mines sitting next to me, so it was easy. 19" on the DOT center to center. so +1 to kj, like 3"

Thanks guys...atleast its confirmed now. Slowly little by little i'm learning or verifying the parts the bike has.

Back