t-boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i had the stock carbs mikuni i had t-boost installed. some claim that you dont gain any power with opening the butterflies at 3000k but when i couldnt with out it when i installed it. i mean when i switched from 3000 to 6000 i felt thet something was wrong with my engine. in 3000 the engine felt lot stronger . you could make a power whellie at 3000-4000 rpm. it is cheap and a i loved it

I have a home made version and I love the surge at 3000 revs,gives that .....yes we have power sort of feeling.Kevman.

Right now I have TBoost installed and during riding season, it is set to 3000rpms, 90% of the time. I like the extra boost that it gives at that setting, but I do believe that the carbs need to be set up to run properly at a 3000rpm activation.

I did have a manual vboost set up a while back that I also liked alot - may put it back on someday.

Mike

Right now I have TBoost installed and during riding season, it is set to 3000rpms, 90% of the time. I like the extra boost that it gives at that setting, but I do believe that the carbs need to be set up to run properly at a 3000rpm activation.

I did have a manual vboost set up a while back that I also liked alot - may put it back on someday.

Mike

definitely... the key is tuning it for that!

Mine came with it from a P.O. It has the three position switch, I'm not sure what position is for what and from the limited riding I've done so far, can't really tell the difference between them...waiting for summer...

Mike

What kind of set-up??

I think it was some sort of rig using a bicycle brake lever that pulled the valves open mechanically, IIRC. There was a thread about it a while ago.

There's one on my bike. It's kind of a neat toy but I rarely ever find myself using it, I leave it at 6k most of the time. The torquier feeling at low RPM is kind of cool but honestly it's not very useful. Cruising on the highway with the valves open just wastes lots of gas for no real benefit....it's got plenty of pickup at 75mph as is. And if I'm really in hooligan mode, I'm going fast enough the motor is spinning 6k+ anyway.

I installed it on mine (twice) but it never worked - something to do with the fact I installed COPs and it didn't like it. Opened at 9k instead of 3k (!?)

I installed it on mine (twice) but it never worked - something to do with the fact I installed COPs and it didn't like it. Opened at 9k instead of 3k (!?)

Hey G! I am certain it has to do with power consumption from the COP's vs amounted of power needed to operate the V-boost. I have a few ideas in my head on how to fix it, but I will need the schematic of a V-boost set up so I can study it. Is there anyone here that has the schematics for one?
Thanks Gannon

i think there is one on vmaxoutlaw...

yea cops and tboost don't get along

I think it was some sort of rig using a bicycle brake lever that pulled the valves open mechanically, IIRC. There was a thread about it a while ago.

There's one on my bike. It's kind of a neat toy but I rarely ever find myself using it, I leave it at 6k most of the time. The torquier feeling at low RPM is kind of cool but honestly it's not very useful. Cruising on the highway with the valves open just wastes lots of gas for no real benefit....it's got plenty of pickup at 75mph as is. And if I'm really in hooligan mode, I'm going fast enough the motor is spinning 6k+ anyway.

believe me there is no difference in gas consumption i had tried it in the city and in the highway. i could tell you in the city it is slight moer economical because you have a boost in 3000 rpm that you had without the t-boost in 5000-6000rpm. it is almost the same consumption but you dont need to rise rpm a lot for example to over pass a car ... think about it

I am puting tboost on know. what jets do i need what do i need to tune the carbs for that?

I suppose one could spend the time to tune for t-boost, but it would be a very minimal gain, if any.

Myself as well as others, just hooked it up and was done with it.

Back