tach

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsam

Reaction score
not much i can complain about with my max. but i am really getting to the point where i need to see my tach. i hit the rev limiter to much. i want to mount a mini tach to my bike. of course jc whitney sells one guaranteed to work or money back. well they are just out to get there highway robbery shipping cost. the tach they list is mechanical. i need to find a mini white face tach going to at least 10k or higher that won't break the bank. new or used if anyone has a line on one.
thanks,
mark :bang head:

If you're finding it hard to shift on time, why don't you just install a shift light?

+1 a Raptor will set ya back about $100 and a Harlan will run you about $50.

I've used them both first the raptor now the harlan.. They're great products.
I originally sold the raptor cause I went with a monster tach w/shiftlight. then I wanted a more clean look so I went with just a shift light, and decided to go with the harlan. I'm glad I did.

Here are pics of the Raptor, the monster tach, and the Harlan. for a mount on the Harlan I just drilled and tapped the deck for a 1" high rise scope mount.

Attachments

• gauges2.jpg
    gauges2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 43
  • gauges4.jpg
    gauges4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 51
  • P1030110.jpg
    P1030110.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 55
I had the same issue, I installed a $50 Harlen shift light and love it. Works great, problem solved!

Attachments

• shift light 003.jpg
    shift light 003.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 41
can you install the shift lamp with the dyna 3000 ign. if so does it get adjusted by your module or does it has its own settings.
thanks,
mark

You set the shift light to its own settings as per the instructions. The lights all have a set of switches internally mounted that you use to tell it you number of cylinders and what rpm you want it to turn on at. I am running a Raptor and love it.

can you install the shift lamp with the dyna 3000 ign. if so does it get adjusted by your module or does it has its own settings.
thanks,
mark

Yes you can, I'm using a Dyna3k. You just, wire it up to power and the tach's lead, set the dip switches on the shift light and your golden.

thanks maxers,
i do really want a tach that i can see. i can get them all day at 8k rpm. or mechanical. so i am still looking.
mark

How is this one
I am not using it anymore, guess I could sell it.
It even has VMAX written on the face.
One problem, the plastic face is gone. Should be easy to make one though out of thin plexiglass.
I have the paperwork for it as well. It is already set up for the Vmax ignition.
You will need to find a way to mount it. Mine was in the dash.

Attachments

• 2010-06-01 19.04.23.jpg
    2010-06-01 19.04.23.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2010-06-01 19.05.01.jpg
    2010-06-01 19.05.01.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 21
Back