Tail assembly...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic981

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the tail assembly (tail lights, turn signals, license plate) looks a little cluttered? To me it's the only eye sore on the bike, and it'll probably be the first modification I make. Thoughts?

2009_yamaha_v-max_rear.jpg

Yeah, the rear fender has to go. A nice fender eliminator would do wonders, especially with some clear turn signals. What is it about orange turners? Yuck.

Not much to complain about on the looks of the new Max, though.

Yeah, the rear fender has to go. A nice fender eliminator would do wonders, especially with some clear turn signals. What is it about orange turners? Yuck.

Not much to complain about on the looks of the new Max, though.

I agree. But it's the only thing that was bugging me, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Yes the tail light is way too messy looking, but every new bike has that problem IMO. It should be as easy a fix as it was with the gen1 tailight. Redbone old tail light VS. new led tailight:

Attachments

• max overlook.jpg
    max overlook.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2776.jpg
    IMG_2776.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 41
Yes the tail light is way too messy looking, but every new bike has that problem IMO. It should be as easy a fix as it was with the gen1 tailight. Redbone old tail light VS. new led tailight:

Redbone--That's a huge improvement over the stock set-up. Where did you get it? Is there any special wiring req'd., or is it a 'plug & play' deal?

Ahhh!! I see 'blond month' has arrived, nice! :thumbs up:

danny

Redbone--That's a huge improvement over the stock set-up. Where did you get it? Is there any special wiring req'd., or is it a 'plug & play' deal?

Ahhh!! I see 'blond month' has arrived, nice! :thumbs up:

danny
I purchased the LED tailight from motorcyclemods.com. Props to 4gasem for the link.
It is easy as pie to install. I wish they had longer leads for the light; I had to add some wire to reach the original tailight connectors. You have to cut off most of the old license plate bracket, so you ruin that part, but retains the metal inner fender piece though.
Other than cutting and adding wire it's a bolt on deal.:punk:

I purchased the LED tailight from motorcyclemods.com. Props to 4gasem for the link.
It is easy as pie to install. I wish they had longer leads for the light; I had to add some wire to reach the original tailight connectors. You have to cut off most of the old license plate bracket, so you ruin that part, but retains the metal inner fender piece though.
Other than cutting and adding wire it's a bolt on deal.:punk:

Thanks, Think I'll pursue that mod, it really sharpens up the tail end.

danny

Actually I like the taillight on the 09! :confused2:

Thanks, Think I'll pursue that mod, it really sharpens up the tail end.

danny

It does clean up the back end, kudos Redbone! I too took Chris' advice and ditched my boat trailoresque light. I'm still not sold on the 09's yet. I'd probably like it better if it had a "KJs 09" plate on it :biglaugh:

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20
  • tail2.jpg
    tail2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 20
  • tail1.jpg
    tail1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 14
It does clean up the back end, kudos Redbone! I too took Chris' advice and ditched my boat trailoresque light. I'm still not sold on the 09's yet. I'd probably like it better if it had a "KJs 09" plate on it :biglaugh:

Yeah, gotta go along with that mod......a plate saying "dannymax's '09" would do wonders for the back end of the new max, course the plate would have to be a foot and a half wide to get all the letters in..........:ummm:

That's a great looking light and plate frame KJ, who sells them?

Back