talking shit to harelys

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREERIDER

Reaction score
Is this going to far?
Not a single person at this event would even bite on the offer.
I told every group of people I talked to that there was a 100$ on that Vmax for any bike there that could beat it. whether it was a run through the canyons or drag racing. I feel like I'm picking on them when say "no way man, I can't beat you."

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-21-18-15-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-18-15-19.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 189
Thats kinda hard to say from the picture. I mean it could be a long rod 1577 motor in that thing with juice.... I doubt it.

I know a TON of harleys that will hand a Vmax its ass. There are probably more out there than one might think. The aftermarket world for Harley is amazing.

There was one at my track that was running 10.50's and looked like nothing at all special. It was deadly consistent. He said he has gone as fast as 10.20's on it. And you would never have thought it.

So without knowing anything about the bike, or the bikes there, its probably pretty easy to say that I am sure there were a handful there that could easily have taken the Vmax in all aspects.

And besides, we all know its more rider than bike for the most part.

But yeah, for the most part stock for stock, a Vmax against Harely would usually be a win after a 60 mph jaunt.

I know a TON of harleys that will hand a Vmax its ass. There are probably more out there than one might think. The aftermarket world for Harley is amazing.

There is one here in Waterville that I bet easily breaks into the low 10's. That bike is a freakin BEAST! Yes, a Max may be quick, but it is FAR from being the top dog. (Just the most awesome Dog, in my opinion!)

There is a Sportster or two in this area that a stock Vmax won't want to mess with. Like Todd said, there is a vast performance parts selection for them. Drop in crank kits and piston/ jug kits. Enough $$ and they can run quick.

Come see the Harley Drags at Desoto Speedway south of the Skyway Bridge here in Florida. It's an eye opening experience to FAST..

Not quite sure what any of that jibberish is in the photo you posted. I don't speak social media language. This forum is about as close as it gets for me.

Regardless, I think its a bit lame no one wanted to play.

Are you a testosterone filled 20 year old ? That " I'm the fastest badass out here " attitude will get you nowhere....fast...use your head and enjoy the ride , it goes by before you know it...

And take this to the bank...there's ALWAYS someone faster out there...:worthy:

There is a Sportster or two in this area that a stock Vmax won't want to mess with. Like Todd said, there is a vast performance parts selection for them. Drop in crank kits and piston/ jug kits. Enough $$ and they can run quick.

The same thing can be said for the vmax"enough money,performance parts and they can run real fast"Compare apples to apples and the vmax will be on top."Stock -Stock or Performance enhanced-performance enhanced.

Here is a stock Harley that will run circles around a built Vmax and give the Gen 2 Vmax a run for the money ;)

15328E95-E669-5778-440C396D08BD839C.jpg

From that article:

"...bike being tested was Harley-Davidson's deadly serious Destroyer, a competition-only machine based on a V-Rod..."

I wonder what kind of times could be had IF Mother Yamaha sat down and deliberately cranked out a "competition-only machine based on a Vmax"? I'd be guessing something of a Destroyer Killer to the tune of around 300-320hp. :confused2: :biglaugh:

Hey FREERIDER, we spoke at the Long beach motorcycle swap meet remember? I bought some Vmax parts from you a couple of years ago. You gave me 2 FREERIDER stickers that I still have. Here's a photo of you, hope your doing well.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• FREERIDER.jpg
    FREERIDER.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 37
From that article:

"...bike being tested was Harley-Davidson's deadly serious Destroyer, a competition-only machine based on a V-Rod..."

I wonder what kind of times could be had IF Mother Yamaha sat down and deliberately cranked out a "competition-only machine based on a Vmax"? I'd be guessing something of a Destroyer Killer to the tune of around 300-320hp. :confused2: :biglaugh:

I ve seen these on the street running. Competition only I am not so sure about. They are limited production though.

But even a stock Vrod is good for mid 11's, about what a stock Vmax will do. So apples to apples, there are TONS of Vrods out there that would be a good match for a stock to stock run.

images

I ve seen these on the street running. Competition only I am not so sure about. They are limited production though.

But even a stock Vrod is good for mid 11's, about what a stock Vmax will do. So apples to apples, there are TONS of Vrods out there that would be a good match for a stock to stock run.

images

So far I have outran every Vrod I have raced they all had pipes & a tune & my Max's were set up about the same. And about that offer if my brother or me would have been there on his FXR we would have taken you up on it.

stirringthepot[1].gif

I have no idea regarding HD's availability - I've never laid eyes on one, or stats, that interested me in the slightest, Todd. I was quoting a line I took from the article YOU posted a link to.
As far as stock Vmax's go, mid 11's? hahahahahahaahahahahahaha Hel!, I'm extra large, and my 85 OEM runs low 11's bone stock.

smiley3610.gifAll Hardley Ablesons.puke0000.gif

I am just saying competition only, you could buy one and roll it off the show room floor. I am not a Harley guy, but I think the Vrod was a nice looking bike. Most competition only vehicles I ve ever had the opportunity to purchase or be with someone that was purchasing, you had to know some one and had to be someone to purchase it.

Jim, low 11's on a bone stock bike is pretty darn amazing. Most guys cant get into the mid 11's with modified vmax's.

Back