Tank bags for the Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.sargentcycle.com/superbag.htm

Designed for the V-Max, but hurry up they may not be available anymore.

I have used it for a 5 years and it works great, many differant ways to configure it.

Thanks for the link Nobody.

Is it magnetic only, or does it use a combination of magnetic and straps?

If I read the description correctly it looks like the mount panel stays on the bike and you can mount different parts of the bag.

Thanks Tom

Thanks for the link Nobody.

Is it magnetic only, or does it use a combination of magnetic and straps?

If I read the description correctly it looks like the mount panel stays on the bike and you can mount different parts of the bag.

Thanks Tom

No magnets, only straps. Yes the base panel stays mounted to the tank cover and you interchange differant parts of the bag. It can be used as a very small tank bag, to a large weekend bag and eveything in between.

Size?? No idea really...:confused2:

Has a tag in it that reads 107985/05 It cost me 50 bucks at the dealer...:thumbs up:

Here's a pic of mine, it's the Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak.

About $90 if I remember right.

Rusty

I have a BIG Nelson Riggs bag and it is definetly a WAY better bag over all...:thumbs up: It doesn't get close to fitting the max though!

Attachments

• 100_2321#2.jpg
    100_2321#2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 46
New tank bag

The old POS from JC Whitney finally gave it up.
I'm in the market for a new one. Being lazy, I prefer the magnetic mount style. The old one had a tendency to lift at speed and had to be backed up with a bungie for anything over 70 mph.
Can anyone recommend a decent mag bag that works with the Max?

Re: New tank bag

The old POS from JC Whitney finally gave it up.
I'm in the market for a new one. Being lazy, I prefer the magnetic mount style. The old one had a tendency to lift at speed and had to be backed up with a bungie for anything over 70 mph.
Can anyone recommend a decent mag bag that works with the Max?

Hey vmx,

I merged this with an existing bag thread. :thumbs up: It should help you out some.

Appreciate it. I ran a search before posting but came up dry. The JR Manta XL has potential!

Appreciate it. I ran a search before posting but came up dry. The JR Manta XL has potential!
I use it, would recommend it, and it fits the max tank well. I use it and it has become my "man purse" for whenever I'm riding. The magnets work well, but keep the mating surfaces clean! It has "flaps" to make it SUPER secure but I don't use them that often and keep em' tucked in. Only in a heavy cross wind do I ever put the "flaps" down. It also holds it shape well.
Go to New Enough to check it out. I also recommend New Enough as a great vendor to work with. If you get something from them be assured that you can return it form almost any little reason! I under guessed my size when I ordered my jacket and they took it back no questions. They have a subjective comment on all of their products that goes around the mfg's normal sales pitch and lets you know how it works in real life. I shoulda listened

I use it, would recommend it, and it fits the max tank well. I use it and it has become my "man purse" for whenever I'm riding. The magnets work well, but keep the mating surfaces clean! It has "flaps" to make it SUPER secure but I don't use them that often and keep em' tucked in. Only in a heavy cross wind do I ever put the "flaps" down. It also holds it shape well.
Go to New Enough to check it out. I also recommend New Enough as a great vendor to work with. If you get something from them be assured that you can return it form almost any little reason! I under guessed my size when I ordered my jacket and they took it back no questions. They have a subjective comment on all of their products that goes around the mfg's normal sales pitch and lets you know how it works in real life. I shoulda listened

Yeah it's weird how M/C jackets fit tighter than other jackets. IE: A Columbia XL fits me great but I have to wear a 2X M/C jacket...:confused2:

Tank Bag

I know 4gasem has one and I liked the look of his, but who else has a tank bag, and what size is it. A pic of it on the bike would be nice too.
Chris, what size is the one you had on your Max when we met you in Iowa City?

Thanks all,
Dustin

Let me bump this from the dead. Anybody have any other pics of their tank bags on the Max? I was looking at the Manta XL pretty hard, just curious about others.

You're combining threads and I'm drinking. You can't do that to me.

I can't get a good picture of the Manta on the Vmax 'cause I don't have enough light in the living room. I'll try to post one tomorrow.

I have the manta xl but my bike is torn down right now for painting. I can tell you that it works great on the max(magnetic is what I have). It has extra flaps that fold out but I never used them, even at 145 mph! Only time I ever felt like I needed to put the flaps out was in a 30 mph crosswind! I pulled the flaps out while I was riding , no problem, they come out easily. Nice bag, good quality. When I get my bike back together I take some pics for ya.
My brother just picked up a cortech for his fz1 but I think it would be too big for a Vmax. It has bags that zip together, one smaller and one larger with magnetic base. Nice bag though but too big for my tastes.

Back