TBoost Issues?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maleko89 said:
Erik, the vboost valves are below the carbs. When they open, two carbs feed each cylinder instead of just one carb per. Here's an easy way to remember richness/leaness. If you open up the intake side, you lean the over-all mixture in the cylinder. If you open things up after the carbs, like intake manifold, vboost or exhaust....you richen. Stage 7 is a racing carb kit. You get rid of the air box and replace with four individual K&N filters. You use Dynojet needles, put air correctors in the main air jets, install the supplied puke can for the crankcase vent and voila! You get better top-end but do lose a bit at the bottom and midrange. I use Sean Morley's kit, you keep the airbox...he modifies the top to use a flat K&N air filter. You retain the bottom end and midrange with this setup. If you do stage 7 or similar, open the vboost up full time. It makes things real interesting!

I just learned so much about the vboost! Thanks!
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa

Last edited:
Waylander said:
And probably halfs your gas mileage.

I'm running v-boost open at all times; with shimmed needles, two coils cut out of the slide springs, and idle mixture set at 3 turns,

I usually get around 34 city and 40 highway.......which is about 2 less mpg than before I started jacking with things......

My cruise A/F is a solid 14.5:1 and about 12.5:1 under hard acceleration.....

wfcall said:
I'm running v-boost open at all times; with shimmed needles, two coils cut out of the slide springs, and idle mixture set at 3 turns,

I usually get around 34 city and 40 highway.......which is about 2 less mpg than before I started jacking with things......

My cruise A/F is a solid 14.5:1 and about 12.5:1 under hard acceleration.....
Hmm, maybe something is wrong with mine then cause I get a max of 25 mpg open road and 20 in town.

Waylander said:
Hmm, maybe something is wrong with mine then cause I get a max of 25 mpg open road and 20 in town.

Holy crap! You're kidding right??

20mpg would hit the fuel light at about 65 miles...at least when mine hits the light it takes 3.18 gallons to fill it up.....

How are your carbs set up????

If I do pure city and ride extremely agressively I can get the mileage down to 28-29 but that's riding in a very illegal manner....don't do that often

wfcall said:
Holy crap! You're kidding right??

20mpg would hit the fuel light at about 65 miles...at least when mine hits the light it takes 3.18 gallons to fill it up.....

How are your carbs set up????

If I do pure city and ride extremely agressively I can get the mileage down to 28-29 but that's riding in a very illegal manner....don't do that often
Hmm, my math must be wrong or I'm useing the wrong size tank for the math.

I do about 80miles in town and 100 open on a tank. And I hardly ride legal in town, lane splitting, filtering and shit. Too much traffic not to, bike starts to overheat.

Latest posts

Back