The holster thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a search and didn't see a thread dedicated to concealed carry holsters, while riding. I'm planning to do the CCW thing this summer, and would like some suggestions re: packing on the bike, outside of a tank/tailbag.

What are you carrying, and where?

whoaaaaaaa just looked at the prices, I paid $30 for mine, inflation i guess. but they are nice. They don;t call mine speed scabbard any more, it's the belt slide

Ive been planning on mounting a 25 or similar 22 under the left side of the faux tank and frame rail. Its damn near impossible to get a CCW in Cali so Im just gonna hide it better.

Oh ya, also have the under the shoulder Bianchi quick pull thing. Coolest thing ever. I woke up one Sat. morning thinking about how I wanted an under the shoulder holster for the Kimber 1911. I had recently found the local swapmeet, and thought I could find one there. Sure enough I did. Got the Bianchi , just the holster and left arm peice for 2$. Went home and cut the rest of the straps needed out of some leather. And BAAAMMMM. 2$ Bianchi that I dont think you can get any more. That swappmeet full of tweakers selling there stuff is awesome.
:gun shoot::2gunsfiring_v1:
Now I have two 1911's so I guess I need a double underarm set up. :punk::punk:

Thx for all of the replies. No one using ankle holsters? Just thinking about the average ride...stopping for a soda, wanting to peel the jacket off, yet keep the gun hidden. Anyone using one?

Thx for all of the replies. No one using ankle holsters? Just thinking about the average ride...stopping for a soda, wanting to peel the jacket off, yet keep the gun hidden. Anyone using one?

I used one of these for my ankle gun, when I was still a cop.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/50170-33.html
It was comfy and allowed for fast access. I ended up selling it to another cop a couple months back along with my lev 3 retention holster and vest.

You shouldn't need to pack a gun while riding a Vmax. If anyone pulls a gun on you, or throws a knife or other object at you, just hit the throttle and outrun it. :biglaugh:

I'm not an ankle holster guy.... If I'm carring my Sig Sauer P239 .357Sig I use my waist band holster. Most of the time on my bike I carry my S&W .38+P Air weight revolver in my inside jacket pocket or in my front or back jeans pocket with no holster.

I like my Taurus 85 with a Barami Hip-Grip. On the plus side, it's slim & fits my hand great & it's super convenient. On the minus side, it's not really comfortable to carry "Mexican Style" for long periods. On those days I just drop it into a deep pocket. I tried on an ankle holster once, but it wasn't comfortable so I never bought it.

Dont your pant legs come up some when your riding?:ummm: Might give your self away:confused2:

Thanks for all of the input. I finally ordered a Glock 29 and a Crossbreed Supertuck holster for my everyday carry. Going to try and get the class in soon.

If I am wearing my leather jacket, I carry my .45cal Taurus Milliuom Pro PT-745 in a clip on holster, clipped into my inside coat pocket. Without the jacket, I carry a Ruger SP101 Snubnose .357 magnum in my pants pocket. Sometimes, I carry BOTH! :punk:

The only gun I carry is the one swinging between my legs. Horrible aim too. I was shooting at my wife for four years before I got her and we had our little boy.

However, this thread reminds me of a recent shooting at a Walgreens here. Two kids walk into Walgreens, one has a sawed off. A customer there pulls a Dirty Harry with his concealed pistol and plugs one of the kids with four slugs and holds the other at gunpoint until the cops show. :gun shoot: The man that did the shooting is being herald as a 'hero', even though they found out after the fact that the shotgun was empty.

http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=12427756

The only gun I carry is the one swinging between my legs. Horrible aim too. I was shooting at my wife for four years before I got her and we had our little boy.

However, this thread reminds me of a recent shooting at a Walgreens here. Two kids walk into Walgreens, one has a sawed off. A customer there pulls a Dirty Harry with his concealed pistol and plugs one of the kids with four slugs and holds the other at gunpoint until the cops show. :gun shoot: The man that did the shooting is being herald as a 'hero', even though they found out after the fact that the shotgun was empty.

http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=12427756

Tough call to make, the legal outcome will really depend on the details, evidence, witness testimony, etc... Obviously your state is much more gracious than Illinois, NY, NJ, CA, etc as it allows citizens to carry. All I know for sure is that right or wrong that shooters life just got a shite load more complicated. Legal fees for defense probably not less than 50k starting and they can climb way up from there real fast. Most of the time resulting in a real comprimized lifestyle, not good. In the states mentioned above he would be the one being prosecuted without question and probably subject to manditory jail time even if he was in the right to defend himself.

Blackhawk has some great products for sure but the serpa for CC might be too obvious on the waist under a shirt or jacket. The serpa is awsome for a duty holster or trainning purposes. Blackhawk also makes a leather, FBI style, full cant holster intended for the small of the back which is actually comfortable when sitting and standing from a seated position. The only time this would not be good would be if you are on a sport bike. Keep in mind you want it reatined to your body in case you go down. Pocket style holsters are not a good choice unless your pants have a zipper or retention style pocket. Whatever you do always carry legally and know the laws of the states you will be passing through or intend to carry in IE reciprocity laws on CC. Also be aware of cities or municipalities and their laws if you will be spending time there and intend on carrying. One f u and you can lose those rights for good and stupidity is a somewhat weak defense, LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back