The IGNITECH TCI thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gary,

Thank you for the screenshot. I`ve done some test with the percent option but you do not want to run that. At power-on it first tests the servo`s range by going to it`s extremes. This means it will open until the motor cannot go any further.

Also, when going to 100%, it will go to it`s max again and you can hear the motor strain to stay there. On other percentages, it oscillates (it tries to find the exact value, overcompensates and keeps doing that) so that also cannot be to healthy for the servo.

When I bought by bike, the Vboost controller was defective and had stripped the servo`s gears of some of it`s teeth so you have to be a little careful with it.

I`ve worked out that 0.2v with my servo is take out the slack cable lenght but keep valves closed and 2.8v is vboost valves fully open without straining the servo. Below, my current setup:
ignitech.jpg

ignitech.JPG

.02 ? I cant get that value. Only can go to 1. also nothing like a 1.1 whole number only.

You probably have Percent enabled. I`ve changed the picture in my previous post showing all settings. The 50 and 10 values are needed so the servo won't oscillate and are based on trial and error.

wanna thank RempageR1 for his hard work. I am using his findings and setting that he gave us from his testing. It works great! the vboost is smoother than the factory and the ignitech tci does a great job controlling it. thanks very much.

wanna thank RempageR1 for his hard work. I am using his findings and setting that he gave us from his testing. It works great! the vboost is smoother than the factory and the ignitech tci does a great job controlling it. thanks very much.

That`s great to hear, thank you very much :cheers:.

Got it working:Nixon:

Since I also run an TPS, I have created a servo map with just the first row filled in. So for testing I can use the throttle and see how it reacts. Isn't it great? :rofl_200:

Some interesting facts:
1. The 1/P [mv] seems to have to do with lowering the voltage when the servo comes close to it`s intended position so relays will not work.
2. Full open is about 2.6v. If there is a field where you still have 5v configured, the unit will try to get to that setting at startup and will fail calibration. Have scratched my head a while about that one.

Totally psyched about it!

Can you post some pictures of how you mounted TPS?

And/or how you did it with parts from where?

Gary

Thanks for sharing the info RempageR1.

I would also be interested in the TPS your using and how you mounted it.

Thanks again!

See attachments. Drilled a small hole in the axle that controls the throttle on the carbs, put some threats in there, put in a small screw that tightens the bigger nut. The nut itself fits snug into the TPS.

Have it for two years now, works just fine, never have to recalibrate it.

Please ignore the liquid gasket on the TPS. Wanted to install it a bit differently the first try but that didn't work so well :)

Attachments

• TPS1.jpg
    TPS1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 52
  • TPS2.jpg
    TPS2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 49
  • TPS3.jpg
    TPS3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 48
  • TPS4.jpg
    TPS4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 47
  • TPS5.JPG
    TPS5.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 47
See attachments. Drilled a small hole in the axle that controls the throttle on the carbs, put some threats in there, put in a small screw that tightens the bigger nut. The nut itself fits snug into the TPS.

Have it for two years now, works just fine, never have to recalibrate it.

Please ignore the liquid gasket on the TPS. Wanted to install it a bit differently the first try but that didn't work so well :)

Very nice job. :clapping::worthy:

Is it a 0-5vdc 3 wire TPS? and do you happen to know what the sensor was originally designed for?

Do you find the TPS works better for the IGNITECH then a MAP sensor?

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Very nice job. :clapping::worthy:

Is it a 0-5vdc 3 wire TPS? and do you happen to know what the sensor was originally designed for?

Do you find the TPS works better for the IGNITECH then a MAP sensor?

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thank you :cheers:

It`s indeed a 3 wire TPS. As it is basically a variable resistor, the voltage is what you put on there.

I`ve searched through my ebay history and it`s a 'Yamaha FJR1300 ABS 2005 TPS'.

Cheers!

Really interesting thread guys.

Can you tell me what the bottom line benefit of all this is?

Torgue?
Horsepower?
Economy?
Elapsed time?

What?

Really interesting thread guys.

Can you tell me what the bottom line benefit of all this is?

Torgue?
Horsepower?
Economy?
Elapsed time?

What?
Options, reliability, and a digital upgrade for early Gen. 1's
so far. The rest hasn't been proven yet as far as I know.

Looking on the web it looks like there was a recall for the 2004-2005 TPS. from the FJR1300. Might stay away from buying a used one.

Thanks RempageR1. I would like to try a tps instead of a map sensor. Did you find any difference or advantage?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Thanks RempageR1. I would like to try a tps instead of a map sensor. Did you find any difference or advantage?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

I haven't ridden the ignitech without the TPS so no information there. However, it`s way easier to setup than the map sensor is so I think it will give more accurate values. The point were it would theoretically matter is at low revs opening the throttle fast. The map sensor will have difficulties picking this up.

I haven't ridden the ignitech without the TPS so no information there. However, it`s way easier to setup than the map sensor is so I think it will give more accurate values. The point were it would theoretically matter is at low revs opening the throttle fast. The map sensor will have difficulties picking this up.
That is an interesting fact. In neutral snapping the throttle quick, off idle gives me a little pop through the carbs. No issues while riding though. I'm using the MAP sensor. The TPC is an interesting thing to try.
Steve-o

Back