The old fockers club

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
Me and the wife was helping one of her family members move ,And guess who was the first one to bust his ass me!Triped over a big concrete flower pot while carrying a dresser with another helping on the other end,About 150+.Had to sit there a minute or so and do a parts acessment,Damn that hurt!Still sore as hell.In the 70s I used to lift the rear of cars for a six pack,Run a mile in under 15 min.Now i creek and pop like a barn door,Just turned 58 today,Guess im getting to be a old focker,Well im not gonna go down this road With a bunch of moaning and groaining.Im gonna take my grey haired ass to the den and have a beer,Any of you other guys just ain't gonna quit,Hell im not either!I may creek and pop,Got to take my meds,Gonna wear them damn reading glasses if im gonna see anything up close.I still got the max,And im still cooking.Im part of the old fockers club,But a long ways from dead.How many of you are part of the club?Hell if you are congrats,We aint no race horse but STILL COOKIN!!

Artificial hip @the ripe old age of 46 here. Now 53 and still able to stand upright and motivate thanks to the modern miracle known as cortisone injection.

Me old? He! l no.

Keep on truckin'! I'm well-ahead of you but all you need to do is remember where you want to be. Head there, we're waitin'!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 39
Getting old ain't for sissies!

I'm 50 and honestly don't feel any different than I did at 30,

Nothing hurts yet but I know my day is coming....
I don't get up down and around like I used to be it's strictly due to my lazy butt getting fat.

Me and the wife was helping one of her family members move ,And guess who was the first one to bust his ass me!Triped over a big concrete flower pot while carrying a dresser with another helping on the other end,About 150+.Had to sit there a minute or so and do a parts acessment,Damn that hurt!Still sore as hell.In the 70s I used to lift the rear of cars for a six pack,Run a mile in under 15 min.Now i creek and pop like a barn door,Just turned 58 today,Guess im getting to be a old focker,Well im not gonna go down this road With a bunch of moaning and groaining.Im gonna take my grey haired ass to the den and have a beer,Any of you other guys just ain't gonna quit,Hell im not either!I may creek and pop,Got to take my meds,Gonna wear them damn reading glasses if im gonna see anything up close.I still got the max,And im still cooking.Im part of the old fockers club,But a long ways from dead.How many of you are part of the club?Hell if you are congrats,We aint no race horse but STILL COOKIN!!

LOL! I know the feeling! I say this :nyah nyah: to old age!

Truth is I have good days and bad days. Today I went full speed ahead with some nice weather to replace all 4 rotors and pads on my daughters Mazda. I was feeling good out on the driveway sun shining.....strong, ready to go.

Well......the Mazda didn't want to cooperate. First wheel I take off the rotor is seized on the hub as if it was all cast as one part. Tried everything......but mostly hammered the shit out of it with a 3 lb sledge on and off for almost 2 hours. Finally got it off......in 2 pieces.....but it was an epic battle. (see photo below) Other side was a bitch as well but got that one off in about 20 minutes.

The point I'm getting to is right now at midnight, my wrist, neck and both shoulders are killing me. I'm sure I'l be good and sore tomorrow as well......and maybe Monday too! Never even got to the rear brakes. :bang head:

I've got a long list of "minor" medical issues.......none that will kill me, just ones that can easily make me miserable on any given day. Every so often though I feel real good, and that's enough for me to say FU to all my ailments and it gives me the inspiration to keep on keepin on. :eusa_dance:

I mean.......really, what other choices do we have.:confused2: :biglaugh:

So hang hang in there Bro! :punk:

Oh......and Happy Birthday!! :happybday:

download.jpg

I have beaten my body up all my life and for last 30 years I've been using a 65lbs jackhammer breaking concrete for my work ( not every day ) Arthritis has moved into my lower back ,hands my knees and worse my hips .. I went for a ride saturday on my 09' and it's just fricken painful and I can't even put both feet on rearsets at the same time and if I do ride with feet on rearsets I have to sit on hump or back further on passenger seat .I'm not selling this bike or my 85' I will figure a way to ride but mostly I'm not going to let it beat me !! f$^K getting old ..I refuse ........ AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!

Life is tough and takes a hell of a toll...the harder you work, the higher the toll. Try to remember....we don't bounce as well as we used to and every little injury takes forever to heal. Then if you do something really dumb, like rolling a tractor over on yourself, (which I did) it never heals.

So here I am, retired, got life by the ass....with torn tendons, large rotator cuff injuries, separated/atrophied muscles (all inoperable)...blah, blah, blah! But you know what, it could be a lot worse....I could do something dumber and have even more shit to deal with....but I keep riding....no matter what, I keep riding! :punk:

As I've said before....getting old sux....NOT getting old REALLY sux!!

And yeah....HAPPY BIRTHDAY Terry!!

Happy Birthday Terry. "Youth is wasted on the young", my Mom always says. I finally know what she's saying. I forget what an old farker I am, often, and pay the price.
Steve-o

Hang in there all us old Flokers. All my parts are still origional ( shoulders are bad from years on the still rings). I,m 67 on my next -day and retiring in a few months. Going skiing in an hour and will meet up with a few old farts like me and scare the youngens and the boarders.
Lew

Last edited:
Hang in there all us old Flokers. All my parts are still origional ( shoulders are bad from years on the still rings). I,m 67 on my next -day and retiring in a few months. Going skiing in an hour and will meet up with a few old farts like me and scare the youngens and the boarders.
Lew

My Dad used to ski up into his seventies . He would meet up with some oldies like him out west couple times a year . Have fun and enjoy !!!:punk:

Artificial hip @the ripe old age of 46 here. Now 53 and still able to stand upright and motivate thanks to the modern miracle known as cortisone injection.

Me old? He! l no.
Youre still cookin,That's all that matters!

Keep on truckin'! I'm well-ahead of you but all you need to do is remember where you want to be. Head there, we're waitin'!
Ima coming creek pop click.

Getting old ain't for sissies!

I'm 50 and honestly don't feel any different than I did at 30,

Nothing hurts yet but I know my day is coming....
I don't get up down and around like I used to be it's strictly due to my lazy butt getting fat.
I was good till i hit my 50s,Gettin fat was my first then a shit storm of stuff hit, blood pressure and several other things hope you fare better,Best of luck.

LOL! I know the feeling! I say this :nyah nyah: to old age!

Truth is I have good days and bad days. Today I went full speed ahead with some nice weather to replace all 4 rotors and pads on my daughters Mazda. I was feeling good out on the driveway sun shining.....strong, ready to go.

Well......the Mazda didn't want to cooperate. First wheel I take off the rotor is seized on the hub as if it was all cast as one part. Tried everything......but mostly hammered the shit out of it with a 3 lb sledge on and off for almost 2 hours. Finally got it off......in 2 pieces.....but it was an epic battle. (see photo below) Other side was a bitch as well but got that one off in about 20 minutes.

The point I'm getting to is right now at midnight, my wrist, neck and both shoulders are killing me. I'm sure I'l be good and sore tomorrow as well......and maybe Monday too! Never even got to the rear brakes. :bang head:

I've got a long list of "minor" medical issues.......none that will kill me, just ones that can easily make me miserable on any given day. Every so often though I feel real good, and that's enough for me to say FU to all my ailments and it gives me the inspiration to keep on keepin on. :eusa_dance:

I mean.......really, what other choices do we have.:confused2: :biglaugh:

So hang hang in there Bro! :punk:

Oh......and Happy Birthday!! :happybday:

View attachment 41846
You still have a heart,That's what got you out there to began with.The love you have for your child is worth the pain.

I have beaten my body up all my life and for last 30 years I've been using a 65lbs jackhammer breaking concrete for my work ( not every day ) Arthritis has moved into my lower back ,hands my knees and worse my hips .. I went for a ride saturday on my 09' and it's just fricken painful and I can't even put both feet on rearsets at the same time and if I do ride with feet on rearsets I have to sit on hump or back further on passenger seat .I'm not selling this bike or my 85' I will figure a way to ride but mostly I'm not going to let it beat me !! f$^K getting old ..I refuse ........ AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!
Yea me too beat myself up bad through the years.

Your only old when you decide to quit....and Happy Birthday as well.
Youre so right,And thank you all.

Life is tough and takes a hell of a toll...the harder you work, the higher the toll. Try to remember....we don't bounce as well as we used to and every little injury takes forever to heal. Then if you do something really dumb, like rolling a tractor over on yourself, (which I did) it never heals.

So here I am, retired, got life by the ass....with torn tendons, large rotator cuff injuries, separated/atrophied muscles (all inoperable)...blah, blah, blah! But you know what, it could be a lot worse....I could do something dumber and have even more shit to deal with....but I keep riding....no matter what, I keep riding! :punk:

As I've said before....getting old sux....NOT getting old REALLY sux!!

And yeah....HAPPY BIRTHDAY Terry!!
my god danny that damn tractor really got you,But youre still around that's what matters.Me broke jaw ,back out of wack, broke nose,healed lil crooked.left foot crushed by a dockboard,healed.skull cracked several times,not just hit literately cracked,car and bike wrecks.Left paw sawed almost onto by chain saw,Fixed that with surgery and metal rods.Vairous lil shit broke knuckles fingers,Got knocked out of the woods by a tree that hit another then hit me and batted me out of the woods,Bad tree dropping skills.Could go on,Thank you for staying around and being a friend.keep on cookin my friend .

Happy Birthday Terry. "Youth is wasted on the young", my Mom always says. I finally know what she's saying. I forget what an old farker I am, often, and pay the price.
Steve-o
Yea steve if you are anything like me,I took everything for granted i would stay young forever,invincible unstoppable,2nd wife even nicknamed me superman,We ain't No spring chickens,But were not gone either.And thank you for being a friend too,We ain't done yet!

"The trick is growing up,
without growing old"

Casey Stengal
If i would quit running into stuff and stuff would quit hitting me i may have a fighting chance,O yeah got ran over by a truck and got a handel bar hole in left leg,Hit so hard it parted the muscles in the front of my thigh permanently hospital docs sowed up the hole broke my dang nose again too. Was popping a wheeile on a tm 250 desert racer and hit a ditch on a logging road.Damn guys just glad we are still going,You have all been great friends old young and in the middle,Bless you all and thank you.For everything.

I just hooked up with an estranged Son I haven't seen in over 25 years. He's gonna be 41 this year. I'll be 62 and Boy do I have some stories to tell him. 40 was nothing. 50 was devastating, 60 was almost unbearable. Luckily he doesn't smoke, hasn't jumped out of perfectly good airplanes. never wrecked a bike and only been in one bad car crash. He asked me about my medical history, I told him that the 2 of us couldn't carry all the boxes that had made mine up. Last time I changed Dr's he gave me 2 big boxes of records to add to the 3 that I already had. Mary and I went through the boxes for the most important pages and had a huge fire with the rest. About 6,000 pages worth. That was FUN....... Not too much else is anymore. Everything hurts..... But Life Goes On.... I don't expect to be here for 70.:ummm::clapping:And, I Don't Care.............

I came down with type one Diabetes at 51, it tires me out, but I still drag all my firewood out of the woods and
split all by hand. The temp is always in mid 70's in the house. My Dr. says it's something to keep up. I'll hit the magic 60 on April 3rd. My other half turned 60 yesterday and freaked out totally about 2 weeks ago. It's like somebody turned on the asshole switch. She moved out of our bedroom. She's no longer happy after 10 years and says we're just room mates now and I should get a girl friend? I say, watch out what you ask for.My daughter is as shocked as I am, but she's on her own. I'm looking for a garage, with an apartment attached to it. I want my last years to be in peace. A birthday to me isn't a milestone, it's the day after yesterday. I'm celebrating my B day. Raising a little hell, too. Maybe go to Thunder early this year. I might even ride all the way.
Steve-o

Back