Thougt I would give it a go!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What times did you get. There's always room for improvement for all of us, but its still a blast.

Only knocked out high tens and low 120s. Like I said earlier my reaction and lift off were appallingly slack.
Know what I have to do next time though, so onwards and upwards

I should point out that the above are very high tens (more than 10.9) and very low 120s (less than 121)

That's very good times out of a gen 1 though bud! Are your forks strapped? Try leaning forward more (tits on the tank) on your launch and once your out of the gate start trying to get tucked in good (helps mph) but still a good pass :)

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk now Free

Thanks Scott.
Did nothing to forks. Bike as ridden on the road.
Read a few of Seans posts re running down the strip.
WishI had read them before I went!
I really need to work on reaction and 60ft

Wow....that's got to be a new record for someones first time out!

Good going!

Great pass! +1 should be a record :)
Some more seat time and strapping the front, you'll only get quicker.

Launching stance, experiment and find out what works for you. Some people lay as low as they can and others tend to sit up a little more. Me I'm a sit up type of launcher, Last time I was at the track I was pulling in the mid to upper 1.60's- 60' times. I tend to sit up and during the launch I'll pull myself closer to the tank. A friend of mine is a sit up guy on his Busa while his brother is a laydown type of rider on his busa and they run almost identical times.

This is where the seat time comes in, More you launch the more comfortable with the bike you'll become. Dale Walker had a nice write up on launching the Vmax. But high 10's for your first time out is bloody awesome. I can see more tenth's falling off that time once you get into the groove.

here are some examples of who's doing what. The thing I noticed is that the larger riders tend to sit up more when launching vs. the smaller riders will lay down. I'm thinking weight transfer, if a larger rider is going to hug that tank there is more weight up front and the chance of wheel spin increases. A smaller rider the weight transfer isn't as great therefore they can get away with the more streamlined tuck on launch. I know when I tucked on a launch, I spun the tire more more.

pippin_09-13.jpg

13_0514_dave_schultz_02.jpg

angelle_lead.jpg

Those are great times. My best is 11.24 in the 1/4. Curious what your weight is.

Indeed great times. Post up the time slips if you can! I am more of a "sit up" or slightly leaned forward kind of guy lol.

Indeed great times. Post up the time slips if you can! I am more of a "sit up" or slightly leaned forward kind of guy lol.

I think that's the nature of the beast....the seating position of the Max doesn't really lend itself to launching real layed out on the bike.

Bob Carlson, Jay Gleason both those guys launched Vmaxs in a pretty upright position.

I weigh 140lb. The motor is a 1300cc with stage 7 and hindle zorst. My launches were improving as the day progressed as you can see from this. It is as though I had hit the snooze button on the lights and then could not catch this T140!
He was running an 840cc motor on nos but its still a T140
http://youtu.be/xZUcJSDd1CA
Sean, I don't have a scanner at home but will get someone at work to scan and mail them to me next week
I think piggy backing a larger tach and mounting it on the bars is also a job to do before my next outing.
There isone more run what you brung at Shakespeare County Raceway this year, we will see what the weather is like. This is England after all and we do like a bit of rain you know

Sean, I don't have a scanner at home but will get someone at work to scan and mail them to me next week
Why not just take a picture of them (with a mobile phone or digital camera) and attach the pictures to a post here ?

Latest posts

Back